Chapter 5

I was sitting in English, the only subject I had with Tyler. When he walked in the classroom, I honestly thought he'd ignore like he usually did and walk to the other side of the back row with his posse. Except, he didn't do that. He waved awkwardly and smiled as he made his way to the seat next to mine. I swear if I wasn't leaning against my desk, I would have collapsed.

"Hey Al" He said, as if sitting next to me was the norm. I stared him gaping like my dead goldfish bubbles. RIP to the pet I had for an entire month. He didn't notice my reaction though, and contently started writing notes on the lecture our teacher was giving us. I was completely taken aback by his behaviour. After the paralysing shock, I leaned over to his ear.

"Okay buddy, you have five seconds to tell me who the hell you are and where you put Tyler Cooper." He looked at me with furrowed eyebrows and his ever so perfect colgate smile.

"Oh Al, the world only wishes there could be two of me." He winked and sat back into his chair, crossing his arms over his chest.

"There he is!" I say pinching his cheek which made him squirm.

"Miss Montgomery, Mr Cooper. Your shameless flirting and inability to listen has just earned you an hour of afternoon detention." Devil's spawn chastised. Oops sorry I meant to say Miss Bellet... not. Everyone erupted in laughter as I turned bright red. I turned to see ty blushing too and almost started laughing at how uncomfortable he was.

When detention started, I got a text from Mark.

Bitch, I was supposed to come over after school to study but nooooo you just had to land yourself a detention with lover boy....

I cringed at 'lover boy' and instantly regretted telling him about the kiss. I wrote back straight away, not worrying about getting in trouble because the teacher is quite obviously very drunk and passed out. Poor Mr Webster, I felt bad that his wife left with his kids, leading him down this downward spiral.

Okay first of all, we all know that you just wanted to come over because I have better food and you have a gigantic crush on Ty and knew he'd be there Second of all, I'm never telling you anything ever again.

He replied after about a minute.

Honeyyyyy its not my fault that hes some major eye candy. And we all know that you like him. It's obvious. The way you talk about his dimples, how he perfectly styles his messy hair, his brown eyes. I cant argue with that but you even said he makes you feel tingly. Barf. I needa go anyway, bye wifeyyyyyyy

I rolled my eyes when suddenly someone speaks from over my shoulder. "Watcha' doin'?" I whipped my head around so fast I nearly got whiplash. I looked into his chocolate brown eyes and nearly passed out. Our faces were so close that if I moved in the slightest, our lips would brush against eachother.

"Nothing" I say nonchalantly, but doing a terrible job as it comes out way too breathy than it should have. He gave me a crooked smile and took his seat, once again right next to mine. That I relaxed and slumped back into my chair, glad that the awkward moment was over. I put in my earphones and switched on Jet's 'Are you gonna be my girl?' because, well, its an absolute classic. Let's just say that I was pissed when someone so rudely interrupted my solo by ripping out one of the earbuds.

"I love that song, can I listen?" He asked, not really caring if I said no because he already had it in his ear and started nodding to the beat. I rolled my eyes and started singing again, completely taken by surprise when Tyler joined in. Today must be the day hell freezes over and pigs start to fly, me included.

Every ounce of my being was telling me to run away screaming because soon he would probably kick my chair out from underneath me or smash my phone... again. But instead I started doing a killer air gutair as he used his fist as a microphone. This was really fun. When the song came to an unwelcoming end, we just stared at each other, panting like dogs. He smiled proudly at me and gave me a high five. Okay, this was the strangest day of the freaking year. No scratch that, of the century.

"What the hell is up with you?" I ask. It came out more snarky that I intended but he didn't seem to mind.

"New year, new me." He shrugged off, sticking out his lower lip in the sexiest way imaginable.

"Ty, it's November."

"Well I'm not very punctual." Okay that was a lie. I don't remember a time where Tyler wasn't on time, despite his bad boy ways. I think he just likes to always be on time to things to have more time to misbehave. I rolled my eyes and smiled, taking the earphone from him and playing a new song.

"Wake up, we can go." I groaned as the earthquake started to happen but I didn't really care. The ground could swallow me if that meant that I could sleep a little longer. Except it wasn't an earthquake. It was the dream crusher, literally, Tyler Cooper. Asshole.

I finally rose from my slumber as Ty explained that he'd be taking me home because he was coming over anyway. I welcomed this because it was already getting dark and cold and I didn't really want to make the twenty minute walk home. His car was warm so and cosy. I curled up in the passenger seat and rested my head on the window, staring outside. The silence was comfortable on the journey home and when we arrived, I quickly thanked him and began to run inside, until my head spun and the ground seemed to rise. Then everything went black.

"Riley! Are you okay? Please say something..." I looked up at my brother who was cradling my body just outside my house, his eyebrows strung together in concern and one cool hand was placed on my forehead. I gave him a faint smile and hugged him weakly. My vision still seemed blury and I couldn't think straight. My stomach growled and ached. I closed my eyes and felt him lift me fromt he ground. His breathing was frantic and I could pretty much feel his heartbeat through the gigantic hoodie he was wearing. All of a sudden I was being devoured by my bed and welcomed it happily.

My eyes fluttered open as a very concerned looking Aiden walked out of my room to get me some water. Tyler was sitting on my bed with a look so serious it honestly terrified me.

"When was the last time you ate?" He said, not meeting my eyes.

"What do you mean? I ate at lunch..." I had to think about it first.

"Oh cut the crap Riley! My sister Veronica did this shit too, look how she turned out." I stared in horror at his words. I honestly would have thrown up in disgust if I had anything in my stomach. Veronica, or 'Roni' is Ty's older sister of two years. When she was sixteen, she was diagnosed with anorexia. When she nearly died, she was hospitalised. She's been there for a year.

"Tyler, I just haven't eaten today. Don't worry about it." I started to fiddle with my hair as I spoke.

"No Riley," I knew he was being serious because he actually used my real name instead of Al, "I've noticed that I rarely see you eat anymore. Occasionally you'll have a protein bar but that's it. Have you not noticed how thin you are?"

"No... I just. I haven't really noticed that I haven't been eating. I guess I forget sometimes, that's all." I looked at him and saw his concerned eyes. This was the absolute truth. I don't usually get up early enough for breakfast, I don't eat cafeteria food because its disgusting and I just forget about dinner because we don't eat as a family. I might have a snack here or there but that's it. Tyler was right.

"Al, you have to eat." His voice cracked and I could tell he really cared. My heart pounded against my ribcage as we stared into one another's eyes.

"I know..." He reached for my hand but the door swung open and he jumped away from me, making me realise how close we actually were. Aiden stood in the doorway holding a bowl of popcorn, three water bottles, a bag of skittles and A LOT of Kit Kats.

"Movie night!" He yelled and sat right between Ty and I, completely oblivious to what he walked in on. He made himself comfy and turned on Netflix, turning on Hot Chick and turning off my lights with the remote.

God I love my brother...

Sorry For the shitty chapter! It was just a filler because I didn't have any big ideas and needed to upload. Hope you enjoyed nonetheless. THIS WAS UNEDITED

-Hollie xoxox