Chapter 10

"Wow Al, You couldn't stay away from me could you?" Tyler smirked as he hunched over his calculus textbook.

"Shut up Ty. I don't need this or you." I spat, turning around and started heading for the library doors.

"Okay then, if you don't want me to tutor you so you can actually pass junior year then walk out. Be my guest." He motioned toward the door and then sat back in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest. His sly smile made me roll my eyes, but my heart was actually doing somersaults.

"Ugh fine! But lets just keep this professional." I slammed my books on the desk next to him and sat down in defeat.

"Wouldn't have it any other way." He winked and opened the textbook to page 398. This was just so ridiculous! Out of everyone who could tutor me, it just had to be Tyler. He VOLUNTEERED to do it. How the hell was I supposed to concentrate on calculus when HE personally sacrificed himself for my stupid ass and I had to look at him for an hour straight, alone, every single freaking day.

Tyler was actually really smart. And by that, I mean he was a genius. He hated admitting it though, he'd only ever say he was good at English, which was his worst subject. I don't know why he wasn't just honest about it, maybe it was because of his 'bad boy image.' I for one thought that was ridiculous. He had a photographic memory, so technically he was cheating. When he explained the concepts he'd literally recite the words in the book after just glancing at them.

What a cheat.

Self consciously, I started to fix my hair and rethink my outfit. I didn't think I would be seeing Ty. If I did I wouldn't have worn what I was wearing now. My 'The Killers' oversized band t-shirt was paired with black leggings and a pair of Adidas slides. But wait, theres more. I also had long white socks on and my hair was in the bun I went to bed in, my makeup was non existent and I was running late so instead of brushing my teeth I had a piece of gum. He noticed me trying to somewhat looked presentable and looked at me, puzzled.

"What are you doing?" His lips twisted up into a heart-melting smile.

"I... um. Well, I just didn't think ya know that I looked that good so I'm." I stuttered and blushed that he caught me in the act. He burst into laughter, rendering me speechless for a solid minute. "What?"

"Oh al, you don't have to try to fix yourself up for lil old me." He managed to stop laughing but his smile was still there.

"What no um... you wish aha."I scratched my head awkwardly and looked away. What the hell was wrong with me? Why didn't I come up with some brilliant snarky comeback?

"Riley." I finally looked up at him from the pen I was playing with.

"You used my name..." I muttered.

"Huh?"

"Well its just that you only say my real name when you're being serious about something and I really don't see what there is to be so serious about I mean I'm just trying to make myself slighty less ugly than usual and-" I started to ramble but he cut in.

"Ugly?" He moved his chair closer and tucked a stray lock of hair behind my ear. My nerves when into overdrive as his soft brown eyes turned into an intense gaze "Riley you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen..." His voice went soft and low. I had to strain my ears just to hear the words but when I did, I was blushing uncontrollably.

"I am?" I managed to finally choke out after thirty seconds of awkward silence.

"I can't think of any other reason I'd be constantly thinking about you." At the realisation of what he just said, I felt light headed and limp. His face went crimson as he moved away and looked back down at the confusing numbers. "Pretend I didn't say that."

"Why? Its the only compliment you've ever given me." This was the truth. He gave me inappropriate comments occasionally but that was the extent of it. My face dropped as I thought about this, the fact that I was in love with someone who only managed to compliment me once the entire time I'd known him.

"What? Of course I have." He shook his head, as if trying to think of a time that he did compliment me. It was so bizaare to see this side of him, vulnerable and flustered. It was freaking adorable. "I really haven't, have I? I've been such an ass to you all of these years. Strange considering my crush..." He muttered the last part under his breath but I still heard it. My heart stopped beating. Holy shit. Did he just....?

"Your what?" I was completely flabbergasted, and yes, I just used the word flabbergasted.

"Oh um, nothing. Don't worry about it." He started talking about what I'm assuming was the math but I didn't hear any of it.

Tyler has a crush on me?

I was about to verify this but, of course, I fainted. Yay me.

"Al! Oh my god, are you okay?" My eyes fluttered open to an angel hovering over me. Oh wait no, its just Tyler. "When was the last time you ate?" I sat up, completely aware that Ty was half cradling me.

"Um..." I started to think but he cut in, again.

"If you have to think about it then its been too long. Come on, we're going to get something to eat." He cautiously helped me up, one arm around my waist. He was holding me so gently, as if I had a 'fragile' sticker plastered to my face. As soon and I was standing, my head spun and my knees buckled underneath me. I slightly fell but ty caught me and effortlessly held me in a bridal position. Despite the fact I just fainted, my heart still managed to beat like a jackhammer.

"I guess I literally fell for you, huh?" I laughed weakly and rested my head in the crook of Tyler's neck. His chuckling made me melt. He put me in the passenger seat of his car, buckled me up and rested a cool hand on my forehead. A second later he was gone, probably to retrieve our things. I opened my eyes and looked up at the blood-orange sky. It was around 6:3opm by the looks of it. Before I knew it, Ty was back and sitting in the driver's seat, sticking the keys in the ignition. I laughed at that and he stared at me, confused.

"What?" His voice was panicy and his face indicated that he thought I was a lunatiuc.

"You put your key in the ignition. Get it?" I laughed so hard at my dirty joke, I felt completely fine now. Well, besides the fact that I was starving. It took him a minute to understand, but when he did he started laughing too.

"Leave it to Riley Montgomery to make a joke out of a serious situation." He rolled his eyes and pulled out of the almost empty school parking lot, in the direction of our town's McDonalds. I was watching the trees zoom past when Tyler spoke again. "Hey Al um, do you maybe wanna go to a party with Aiden and me tomorrow?" He sounded nervous, which took me by surprise. Why wouldn't I want to go to a party?

"Sure" I smiled and he returned it, making feel distgustingly warm and gooey.

A/N- Sorry for the extremely shitty chapter but it was just a filler, and necessary for the next couple of chapters. Hope you somewhat enjoyed. VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Hollie xoxox