Chapter Eight

I sit coughing into the sleeve of my yellow waterproof jacket in front of the waves that are crashing against each in a rough fight. The seagulls sounded more distant this morning, but the wind was ever so much stronger even though it's spring the wind never seems to change here, it always has that whistling noise and light cold air I guess that's what you get for living near the sea.

The bell rings so I stand up and begin my walk to school avoiding the looks of passersby. I can feel the inside of my body burning slightly trying my best to ignore it.

I reach the school gates and enter, trying not to look around in fear of the popular group noticing. It's not as if I don't know what everyone's doing, the seniors are all spread out in the largest patch of grass where all the benches are just in front of the school, everyone else is spread out into little groups under trees and standing next door to the school. I just walk past them all heading straight to my locker still feeling a little scared that someone will shut it on me again only this time it'll be my neck instead. I might not have the happiest of thoughts.

The school day passes with teachers shouting, people laughing and me being bullied. Luckily they never physically harmed me but there damn words hurt like daggers. I walk through the lane no one ever walks to the hospital for an appointment.

I walk into Dr.Aimings room to find Dr. Andrews sitting there as well. "Come on in" Dr Aimings said gesturing to the seat across from her desk. I sit down and look at them expectantly "so how have you been? You must be honest with us on everything thats happened!" Dr.Andrews said looking from me too Dr.Aimings. "Well I'm not doing great at all" I said with a slight sigh "I've been coughing, being sick with blood and struggling to breathe, I'm also feeling very weak and sore" both doctors shared a look.

"We can give you some medication to give you a little more time on earth but it can't help you in any medical way. If you wanted we could let you stay in the hospital especially with the sickness problem but I suggest you go out and live your life as great as you can. Just make sure you don't over do yourself and call an ambulance as soon as something goes wrong" Dr.Andrews said with a sad smile. I gave him a nod "I will go home and try to live without being in here" I replied quietly.

I began my walk back home when I realised it would be a good idea to sit at the harbour for a while. It's the perfect place to think and relax and takes me away from reality as no one ever dares come on this harbour they all use the one next to it.

I sit down and notice a seal floating in the water it's head bobbing along with the waves as it relaxes. I take a big sigh as a tear slides slowly down my cheek. The night begins to show its self more and more as the sky turns dark and the stars begin to shine. Standing up I begin my walk back to the house.

I reach the door walking in I get glares from both my brothers, I quickly scurry to my room and slip into bed not before changing into some pyjama bottoms and a loose tank.