Chapter Nine

I sit yet again on my window seat looking at the stained glass. I pick up my pencil and begin to sketch I slowly draw the the top of the harbour down to the very end, adding in the rock with the plaque with a girl sitting looking out into the ocean so you can only see her back as a large wave hits the harbour almost like it's trying to hit her. I add in shading and lay it back down as the door bell rings. "GET DOWN HERE" I hear one of my brothers yell. I stand up brushing down my pink and white off the shoulder dress and slipping on my pink wedges.

I head down the stairs quickly to not annoy my brothers "took you damn long enough" one of them said while the other opened the door "Hey" one of the twins said "Hi,Jordan and Jake?" One of my brothers questioned "yeh that's us" one of the twins said "come in, I'm sure you know our names" one of my triplets said "yeh Evangeline, Evan and Evion, right?" The one im guessing is Jordan asked "that's us" Evion replied.

"Dude this house is amazing" Jake the twin with the slightly greener eyes said "thanks" Evan laughed while i stood silent. "So Eva, you look different than your brothers" Jordan said eyeing me up "yeh I guess" I shrugged "I'm going out" I said thinking I better make it at least seem like they care to Jake and Jordon. I picked up my jacket and walked out the door heading towards the harbour.

I slip my finger across the cement as I sit on the harbour I slowly feel myself getting very drowsy so standing up I head back to the house.

I walk in to see four boys watching the football game on the tv. My triplets glare at me while the twins give me a half smile. I keep my face blank hanging up my jacket and going to my room. I lie on top of my bed and slowly drift off to a light sleep.

Waking up I start coughing badly, feeling my body shake and the acid feeling inside my lungs increase. I sit for a while coughing until slowly it goes away, taking in a slight gasp of air I relax my tense body.

Slowly I walk over to my window seat and pick up my notebook full of drawings. I look through it each drawing getting more depressing than the other.

Slowly tears stream my face. I'm going to die before summer even begins. I won't be able to go to New York to see Arie. My one and only friend in the world. She's a loud and excited New Yorker. I met her when I was three so I've known her nearly my whole life. I wonder what my brothers will do when I'm gone, they probably wouldn't care and go find someone else to harass.

The tears are now full on making my makeup trail my face. I walk through to my wardrobe and grab the makeup wipes from my beauty desk at the back. I slowly wipe the makeup away. My face no longer looks as alive as if did with my makeup on and a few weeks ago. It's now frail, bony, pale and dead. My cheekbones showing but not in the nice way they used to now there just unhealthy. My eyes look so broken and lifeless. I've changed so much in a small space of time. I change into some pyjamas and walk back through to my room. I lie down on my bed switching the tv on quietly and begin watching Spider-Man.