Chapter 16

Tough Love Chapter 16

Lauren: I was surprised to wake up to Louis. My eyes had just opened, and he jumped into conversation like I had been awake for hours. “Ah, good morning sleepy head, wow you’ve been asleep a long time! Your mother had to run some errands, and Harry went to get some things for the both of you. He felt bad that he was going to leave you alone, so I said I would stay!” he was so energetic, and I couldn’t keep up. “Um, ok.” I said yawing. He smiled at me again, and then started playing with his phone. Awkwardly not knowing what to do, I flipped on the television. The first thing that was on was the news, and I was shocked on what they were reporting. “Yes, well our hearts do go out to her.” A middle aged female reporter said. “Mhm, what a shame such a young girl, I wonder how they are both coping after last night.” A male reporter responded. “Well, my sources tell me that they are at the hospital right now and she is in stable condition. But cancer, oh my heavens, she is in my prayers.” She spoke again. My jaw was dropped and I imminently looked over at Louis who was now fixed on the television screen. He looked over at me with the same shocked face. “Oh my god.” I said laughing and then broke the stair. “Whoa! Go Laur; guess everyone knows about you now.” He put up his hand for a high five, and I gave him a little sarcastic ‘are you kidding me?’ look, then I high fived him. Just as I did so, a nurse came into the room. “Hello, sorry to interrupt, but Mr. Tomlinson, Mr. Styles has returned.” She politely said. “Ah, say no more, im outta here.” He jumped up from the chair and gathered his belongings. The nurse exited the room and I went back to watching television. “Alright, well I’ll see you in a couple of days a then.” He smiled while putting things in his bag. “Huh?” I replied. “We have the Today Show to do today, then we leave for a bit. You’re still coming to Los Angeles right? I know El is dying to meet you.” he said. “The Today Show? Is Harry going? Of course im still going wouldn’t dream of missing it, im excited to meet the girls…” I trailed off. “No, he convinced Paul to let him stay, but see ya Laur!” he said halfway out of the doorway. I waved good bye. I couldn’t let Harry skip the Today Show just because I was in the hospital; it wasn’t even a big deal really. Into my thoughts, Harry walked into the room. “Hello, love.” He said as he sat down a bag. “Hi, Harry.” I mumbled still thinking about it. “What’s wrong?” he asked coming and sitting down on my bed. “You’re skipping the Today Show? Harry, that’s a really big opportunity and it won’t be the same without you there, and you don’t want to let anybody down. Im okay here, I promise.” He cut me off mid-sentence. “You can’t be joking? It’s my last day here, and im not leaving you in the hospital all alone just to do some show; now that’s that.” His voice got stern and I could sense anger in it, so I just dropped the subject. We were both quiet for a moment, and then he jumped up from the bed. “I brought you some things.” He winked at me and went and retrieved the bag. He pulled out a Starbucks coffee, chocolate, movies, and flowers. My heart sank, but in the good way. “Harry…” my voice was sweet and grateful. “Well, since I figured we can’t go anywhere, we’d have some fun here.” He smiled holding up all the objects.

Even with the circumstances, he made it a great last day. We watched the film and cuddled in my hospital bed, which was a tad bit cramped but o well. After the film was over we just hung around talked, and ate. Our conversation was interrupted by a doctor at the door. “Knock, knock. Sorry to interrupt but we need to run some tests, and if they are all good you can leave.” He said. We both nodded and he just stared at us. “So that means you have to leave for a minute or two Mr. Styles.” Harry jumped out of bed spilling some chocolates and nodded. He proceeded to leave the room but turned around half way out and gave me a little cheeky wink.

Harry: “You gotta be outta there by 4 ok? No exceptions this time im sorry. Your first show is today, and you have to be at the venue ON TIME so… sorry Styles.” Paul spoke sincerely and I knew I couldn’t refute. “Alright man, well see ya then.” I swallowed my disappointment and responded.

Lauren: “Alright well you are all done now, I’ll be back with results in a minute or so.” He studied his clip board. I nodded and told him to let Harry back in. He smiled and did a little half nod still fixed on his board. I could not express my pain right now, but it was usual. I wasn’t about to tell Harry about it either. They doctor returned before Harry did, and I was surprised. “Your results are back and-.” He began but I cut him off. “Where’s Harry?” My voice was flat and the worst of thoughts flooded over me. “Don’t worry, he’s on the phone.” His voice was shallow as well. I worried way too much, but I guess I had a reason to worry a lot. “Alright, well your numbers look fine. You may go I suppose but you will be a bit sore and yah.” He smiled at me while tapping on the clip board with his pen. I could feel my face light up and I couldn’t wait to tell Harry…once he came back. He came back a few minutes later with his phone in hand. “Sorry, that was Paul…” He sounded sorry. “It’s whatever, but I can leave!” He smiled big, but I saw something in his eyes. “What?” I sulked down and sighed. “I have to the start of the tour today, and I have to leave at 4…” an ‘are you serious look’ came to my face again. All of this was so stressful, and I hated it. However, it about 4 days I would be back with him for a night because he would be in New Jersey, and how lucky am I to get front row seats courteous to the boys.

Harry: We discussed our plan while she packed up her things and got changed out of her hospital scrubs. He grabbed her half empty Starbucks coffee and we were off. Our plan was to go back to the hotel, get packing and then we would have a bite to eat. After that, I would send her off back to New Jersey, her home, and we would make our way to the venue for our first show of our summer tour.

Lauren: We arrived at the hotel, and I was even sorer then before. I could tell that my meds were wearing off, and I couldn’t wait to get my medicine out of my bag. It was going to be a long drive home and I didn’t want to spend it in pain. We came into to find no one there; I figured that they were probably at the Today Show still. We moved into the main living area to see all our bags there, all packed. There had to be 50, I swear. I laughed in shock. “You boys are worse than me.” He nudged Harry and giggled. He laughed as well and went and collected my, 1, suitcase.

Harry: As soon as we arrived at the hotel, it was time to leave. We went for a little lunch at some restaurant. It all seemed fairly too quick, and now it was time for her to leave. I tried not to look sad, for knew it was only for about 4 days but I didn’t want to leave her in this condition. We walked hand in hand to her car and her left overs in the other. She didn’t really eat a lot but it was probably due to what happened yesterday. I hate saying goodbye, I now feel like something is going to happen to keep us from each other. I didn’t want what I was feeling to show so I manned up and pushed the thoughts behind me. We waited around and talked for a few minutes until the tour bus pulled up, how obvious. This was the first time I have seen it for a while, and it just seemed so huge. He studied it for a moment and the boys hopped out. They started running and I wondered what for. They slowed up as they approached but they roped me and Lauren in for a huge hug. “Be careful guys.” I muttered, lacking air from the tight hug. They lightened up and simultaneously pulled away. “Im glad you ok, we’ll miss you for a few days.” Liam said with a smile. “Oh boy, we’ll have to hear Harry moan about how he misses yo- Ow!” I cut off Louis with a little slap on the arm. She giggled and began to talk. “I’ll miss you guys too!” Lauren exclaimed. We all said our final goodbyes, and the four boys left leaving me to do the rest. I opened the door for her and she gracefully got into her car. I bent down and leaned my head into her window. “See you in a bit, love.” I smiled and leaned in. Our lips crashed together lightly and I felt her tremble. She was shaking; I tore away and saw the confused look on her face so I just dismissed it. “See you soon.” She said as she started up her car. I backed up a bit and she shifted her car into gear. “Lauren, wait.” I shuffled a bit closer to the car. “Hmm?” she shot me a look and pulled on her seat belt. I moved up close and laid my hand on top of her car. “I…erm…I love you.” Her eyes widened a bit and her mouth dropped a little as well, but she picked it up quickly. “I love you to Harry.” She came and gave me a little peck like it was nothing. I was taken back a bit. I smiled patted her car and walked way.

Lauren: My head was racing, with so many thoughts. I pulled out of the parking lot not looking back at the big red bus and turned onto the highway. After a bit of driving I couldn’t take it anymore, my tears were fogging up my vision and I pulled over. I scrambled threw my purse in the passenger seat for my pills. With my hands shaking I poured out 2 and popped them. I sighed and bit my top lip hoping they would kick in soon. I laid my head down on the steering wheel and sorted out my thoughts. He told me he loved me?