Chapter 16

Light from the floor-to-ceiling window fills the room, as I sit opposite Alexander on the dining table with a spread choice of pancakes and bacon or toast and eggs, in the living room of our 'room' is. This is one of the more awkward situations I've ever been in and there may or may not be more than one reason constituting this factor.

One, I screamed my head off this morning when I couldn't find Danny on the bed and Alexander had his arms wrapped around me. Not to self, never put a baby in between two adults even if there is no cot in the room, order one from the front desk if you're in a hotel. So, I went bananas when I couldn't find Danny anywhere on the bed and apparently, Alexander isn't the kind of man who enjoys being awakened after only four hours of sleep.

Danny was later found swaddled next to Alexander's blanket-covered feet at the foot of the bed.

Two, Alexander walked in on me while I was showering. You tell the man to look after the baby for a good fifteen minutes just so that you can shower but no...he walks right into the bathroom where if I may add there is no shower curtain because it's just a clear glass box that acts a barrier between the rest of the bathroom and you showering. Yes. A. Clear. Glass. Box. So, he might or might not have seen everything. And I mean everything.

Therefore, sitting opposite Alexander on the dining table with a spread choice of pancakes and bacon or toast and eggs, in the living room of our 'room' is one of the more awkward situations I've ever been in. On a baby high chair that I called up from the front desk below, Danny giggles as I silently feed him a mix of mashed-up bananas and peaches.

A low buzzing sound emits from Alexander's general direction, I watch out of the corner of my eye as he picks up his iPhone from the table, he takes a glance at the caller ID before he leaves the table with it to the bedroom.

"Well, looks like Daddy is already hard at work," I murmur to Danny as he giggles, spitting out his food in the process. "Oh! Danny...you're supposed to eat your food not keep it in your mouth baby."

Scraping up the dripping food from his chin with the spoon, I mix it back in with what's left inside his bowl, forming another spoon for him. Placing it in his opened mouth, I feel my heart warm as he places his little hands against his mouth, making sure to swallow it.

"Well done, Danny," I cheer as he opens his mouth for another spoon.

A little while after Danny has finished his entire bowl and I'm eating, Alexander makes a reappearance from the room, emotionless as ever. At least that's what I thought until he opened his mouth.

"I won't be back tonight in time for dinner," He announces, raising his mug of coffee to his lips to take a sip of the steaming black liquid. "I'll send you back to the apartment before I go to the office."

Shovelling the last few bits of pancake, I stand up from the table ready to go back to the apartment and get started on my work, not that he has to know I'm still working, carrying Danny against my hip, I stop short of exiting the room.

"Do you know what happened to my T-shirt and night shorts, by the way, Alexander?" I ask, turning around to look at him. "I couldn't find them after my shower."

And three, the final reason why it's so awkward between us. After he interrupted my shower, I found a pair of black jeans, an opaque white 3/4 sleeve, a V-neck shirt and a matching set of white lacy underwear in place of my pyjamas and until now I haven't found them and I'm only asking him because he somehow also has a change of clothing.

Wearing his suit jacket that is draped over the backrest of the couch, Alexander shrugs his shoulders in response to my question as he quickly walks up to me, ushering me out of the door. Well, someone is in a hurry to get rid of us.