Chapter 12: Him

Naruto's P.o.v

"Hey guys I reached the top!" Sakura yelled joyously from the top of a tree while Sasuke tumbled down the other tree.

"Nicely down Sakura," Kakashi commended as her walked over to the tree where Sakura stood above.

Kakashi thought it be a nice exercise to follow up after out team defeat of Zabuza. 

"Let's get wild." The naive and hopeful voice echoed in my mind. The plan had been to have Sasuke to throw 3 shuriken at Zabuza, my clone would stand and pretend t be me while I would pretend to a shuriken, following the other 2. I would then jump out behind Zabuza and cause him to drop the water prison. If I could, i would live to see the look on Kaki's and Zabzua's face again, all moments of victory were taken. Just as Kakashi was about to finish him, when a Yōhei Ninja came and claimed they would "take care of him". 

What a joke.

Yōhei Ninja are known for eliminating targets on the grounds they are fought on, there would be no way that one would take the target and deal with it somewhere else. The tools they use for un-stabilizing targets are not meant to kill the target, thus the bodies are meant to be felt with as soon as possible. It takes less time and is just less convenient. The only time a mercenary ninja would ever deal with a target off grounds would be if the setting provided any chance of danger. Though my area in the anbu had never been on those ground I did have time to study the art and personally, I still find it interesting.

'So what did they do with him?' Kurama kept quiet, it had been a long few days. Luckily Tazuna had let us stay with his family for a few days. '

'His grandson Inari is such a brat through.' I thought, kurama silently agreeing with me, I'm pretty sure if I could look at them, I could see the hair jolting up from Kurama's back.

"Naruto you need to use less chakra," Kakahi said sternly, I whipped my head around, snapping out of my thoughts.

"Pshh I can do this!"

----x----

I toppled down from the tree, the slices becoming farther and farther away from the ground, the sun was beginning to set.

Sasuke ran up the tree once again, slicing it further before toppling on the ground again. I looked back up at the tree once again, admiring the beauty of each of the uneven slashes on the tree. I took a peek of my arm, it was similar. Long scratches went up each arm, through the years they didn't bother me anymore. I was imperfect, but perfect, in the wrong way. 

I grasped my kunai without thinking and ran up the tree thoughts raced through my head. Metaphoric tears ran down that wooden mask, I ran. Ran until I was on the top, top of the world and I won't stop.

 Colors swarming the sky, leaving a sort of ombre effect. The soft navy blue seeped into the light oranges and blues, the sun setting in the horizon.

 Sasuke met up with me few minutes later, our feel dangling from under the branch.

"Hey Sasuke." I spoke.

"Yeah?" He asked, panting quite a lot.

"The sky kinda looks like an upside down ramen bowl." I blurted out.

'Real smooth'

I could have sworn I heard him chuckle, he caught me staring and quickly looked away, his face a bit flushed, probably from the exercise. I couldn't blame him. Sakura and Kakashi left quite a while ago. There was only me, Sasuke, and the sky.

"S-stupid teme." I heard him mumble

---x---

Chapters have been put on hold for family problem, sadly my mother is no longer with us, she was murdered along with 2 other people and was missing for 6 months. They just found her; my sister however is writing a Cupped story so if you ship cagney and hilda fan fiction, I would suggest going to he, she really is a beautiful author, we actually have similar styles which is favorable to me. Chapters will be regularly posted every other week or every week depending on my time.

(Apologies for waiting so long for anything)