Chapter 1

Jason's POV

It started when Artemis and I were working a case when out of nowhere Bizarro asked, "Okay, Red Him?"

"Yeah Bizarro, I'm okay, why do ask" I answer not taking my eyes off the screens of the makeshift Bat Computer.

"Red Him, have two heart beats" Bizarro explained which I dismissed at first till I actually thought about what he just said, "What?"

"Bizarro, what do mean that Jason has two heart beats" Artemis questioned which was understandable given that Bizarro hasn't said something that outlandish before.

"Me, hear two hearts in Red him" Bizarro said trying to prove his point.

"Jason, do you have any idea what Bizarro's talking about" Artemis asked while I froze, finally realizing what Bizarro meant by two hearts.

"I-I need to go out," I quickly grabbed my jacket and walked out of the warehouse.

Once outside I took a deep breath then looked down at my stomach and raised a shaky hand but quickly dropped it and instead hopped on my bike and drove to the closest drugstore.

I walked in, trying not to let my nerves get in the way as I walked down the aisle with the pregnancy tests. I picked up four of them even though I knew it was futile to doubt Bizarro's powers but I just needed to know for sure so I took them to the cash, getting a sympathetic look from the cashier as she rung them up which I tried to ignore.

When I got back to the warehouse I ignored Artemis hounding me for answers and headed up to my room. I then walked into the bathroom and started reading the instructions for the tests, the lines blurred together but I took them waiting what felt like an eternity even if it was only a few minutes. Once the time was up, I took a deep calming breath then he looked down at the tests, seeing twin pink lines on all four.

I felt like a complete and utter idiot as I stared at the little pink plus signs. A million thought ran through my head like, how far along was I? How did I not know sooner? Did I get punched in the stomach fighting before knowing and hurt the baby? And most importantly, did I want this baby?

I then walked out of bathroom, seeing Artemis standing in the doorway of the bedroom, "You're pregnant" she said bluntly.

I couldn't find his voice so I nodded, Artemis then asked "Whose the father?"

"What? You're not going to tell me am an idiot" I say wanting to change the subject.

"No, you don't need me to lecture you Jason when you know that you were an idiot. Now answer the question, whose the father, Jason" Artemis asked although it more of a demand which I still didn't answer.

She sighed, "It's Nightwing, isn't it," hearing those words made my heart stop, I quickly tried schooled my features not want to give myself away but I knew Artemis saw my reaction so it was kind of pointless.

Artemis then walked into the room and placed a surprisingly comforting hand on my arm and guided me to sit on my bed while doing the same.

"Are you going to keep it?" she asked in a nonjudgmental tone.

"I-I don't know but I don't think I could get rid of it" I answer, my voice barely above a whisper.

"Alright" Artemis sighed again "If this is what you want do, Jason, then I suggest you go see a doctor as soon as possible."

"Y-yeah, that sounds like a plan" I say with a nod then asked "How...how did you know it was...you know."

"You're not very subtle when it comes to your affection towards Nightwing and after that case with the circus, you told me and Bizarro to head back to base while you and Nightwing went off on your own which when I assume this was conceived" she said giving my stomach a pointed look.

I turned away from her, cheeks burning when Artemis then said "You know you have to tell him, right?"

I nodded "Y-yeah I-I will tell him, eventually."

"What do you mean eventually? He deserves to know that your carrying his child, Jason."

"Artemis, can I be left alone for awhile" I asked, wanting to be alone with my thoughts and to get Artemis to drop the subject.

"Fine, but we will be revisiting this subject again" she said as she stood up and walked out the door, closing it behind her.

I then flopped back on the bed, staring up at the ceiling as my thoughts started wandered, just what the hell was I going to do with a baby? I mean I wasn't totally apposed to having a kid but fared down the line when it was safer.

Sitting up, I looked down my at my stomach, raising a shaky hand and resting on my stomach, I discovered I didn't have a bump which was good since I'd be able to hide it for a little while at least.

I laid back gently stroking my belly, thinking that maybe having this baby wasn't such a bad idea and their's no way in hell I was telling Dick about it.