Chapter 2

Jason's POV

After a week of Artemis hounding me to go the doctors, I finally went to Leslie's clinic where I was sitting the waiting room, filling out the forms the receptionist gave me when I got to box which said to indicate if you were pregnant or not, I froze but checked the yes box.

I handed in the forms and waited till I heard a nurse call out my name and followed her to my room where she said "The doctor will be here shortly" before shutting the door.

A few minutes later the door opened to reveal Leslie who sent me warm smile "How are you today, Jason?" she greeted.

"I'm good, how are you?" I greeted back.

"I'm well, thanks for asking. So why are you here, today" Leslie asked, getting right to business.

"I'm pregnant" I blurted out, to just get it out of the way.

"Oh, well congratulations" she said clearly surprised by the news but smiling none the less.

"I...um thank you" I mumbled, flushing a bit.

Leslie then proceeded with a normal check up till she started asking about the pregnancy like, if I was experiencing nausea, cravings, fatigue, and other pregnancy symptoms.

She then asked "Can I ask is about the other parent?"

"I-I'd rather not say" I quickly answered, hoping to change the subject.

Leslie expression then became serios as she asked "Jason, you weren't forced, were you?"

"Wha-what? N-no I wasn't force, it was consensual" I reassured.

"Good" she sighed in relief "In that case, I suggest you at least think about telling them about the child" she advised so I nodded though I still hadn't changed my mind about not telling Dick.

"Now I suggest we move on do an ultrasound and see how this little one is doing" Leslie proposed so we moved to different a room where Leslie told me to lay back and lift up my shirt while she started applying gel on my middle, "Its cold" I shivered.

"That's what everyone says" Leslie chuckled as she turned on the machine and said "Now lets see where this little one is hiding."

As she started moving the wand around on my stomach, she got a puzzled look on her face, "Wha-what's wrong? Is the baby okay?"

"Yes, the babies are perfectly healthy and have strong heartbeats."

"Ba-babies?"

Leslie chuckled again "Yes, congratulation Jason, you're having twins."

My heart stopped, I'm having twins which just makes things even more complicated though I guess it always complicated, I then swallowed the lump in my throat, "R-Really?"

"Yes, you see these two round shape" I nodded as she pointed to two blobs on the screen "Well those are babies" she smiled.

Leslie then flipped a switch and the sound of two heartbeats filled the room, "Wow" I whispered in amazement because imagining the babies was completely different than actually seeing and hearing them.

Tears started running down my cheeks, I thought about what Dick would be doing if he were here, I figured he'd be crying like the sap he is which I doing but at least I had the excuse of being pregnant.

"Would you like a photo?" Leslie asked, getting my attention.

"Sure" I nodded, rubbing my tears away and taking a deep calming breath as she handed me an envelope.

Once I wiped off the gel and stood up, Leslie said that I was free to go so I headed back to base where Bizarro greeted me by asking "How Red Him, appointment go?"

"It went fine, Bizarro, the doctor said that the babies are healthy."

"Babies? Red Him having two Pup Pups?"

I smiled "Yeah Bizarro, I'm having twins."

Bizarro then pulled me into a bear hug when picked me up and started swinging me around which made my stomach start to churn when Artemis walked into the room, "What's going on in here?"

"Red Him, having two Pup Pups" Bizarro grinned as stomach really started doing flips.

"Congratulation, but Bizarro I think you should put Jason down since he looks like he's about puke" Artemis said so Bizarro put me down which grateful for since I'm sure no matter how happy Bizarro was he wouldn't want to be puked on.

I raced to bathroom where I started heaving when I felt a hand rubbing my back which turned out to be Artemis, being characteristically comforting.

Once I was finshed puking, I brushed my teeth and walked out seeing Bizarro with a worried look on his face, "Me, not hurt Red Him and Pup Pups."

"No B, I'm fine, you just have to be a bit careful with me now" I reassured the big guy.

"So your having twins which all the more reason why you should be telling, Nightwing" Artemis commented.

"Really? Your still on about that" I snapped which didn't faze the Amazon.

"Yes, because he deserves to know that your having his twins and I'm sure Bizarro agrees with me, don't you Bizarro."

He nodded "Yes, Me agree with Red Her, Red Him should tell, Dick Man about Pup Pups."

I let out a growl and placed a protective hand on the tiny swell of my stomach, "You really want to know reason why I won't tell Dick, huh. Well because he will never be with me, he has his redheads and girlfriends he loves and I'm nothing but a one night stand. So forgive for thinking that wouldn't want to start a family with me" I shouted as the stupids tears started welling up in my eyes.

"Jason, I..." Artemis began but I cut her off and whispered, "I want to alone."

She silently nodded as her and Bizarro left the room, I curled up on the bed, keeping a protective hand on the swell and gently stroked it as I whispered "Don't worry, I will always love and protect you two, no matter what."