Northern Downpour

Pete only fell asleep at two but Mikey said he didn't mind because he needed to tell me it before the next day so I waited for my best friend to fall asleep and then I set my body pillow along his side so he thought i was still laying beside him(he enjoys cuddling me in his sleep)and threw on a sweater that I never put away before climbing on my desk; I opened the window above it and crawled out before closing it a tad so the rain-yes it decided to rain tonight-wouldn't go in the house before pulling the hood over my head and sprinting down the road towards the park Mikey told me to meet him at.

I soon found him sitting under the gazebo on the bench with a cup of some sort in his hands with something else beside him and as I came closer, I realized it was another cup so I made my presence known by clearing my throat making him look up and smile at me before getting off the table and opening his arms for a hug.
"Did you walk here?" He asked noticing the ends of my hair were wet along with my black I heart New York sweater in which I nodded in response making him pick up the cup from the table and hand it to me.
"Here you go, I made it like mine because you always take it so I figured you liked it too" I thanked him for it and he snaked a hand behind my back as he guided me to the table and sat down, both of us had one leg on each side of the wood and the coffee cups were sitting between our legs but I watched how Mikey nervously picked at the grip around his drink before lifting his face up to look at me; he adjusted his glasses which had water droplets on them before scrunching up his nose for a brief second and sighing.
"About the whole thigh thing" he started which caught my attention.
"Mikey it's okay" I told him; I saw relief wash over his face and I couldn't help but smile at the broken boy before me.

How could someone emotionally and physically abuse such a person? My mind never wrapped around that question; Mikey was sweet, he would never hurt a fly let alone an actual person yet he was thrown around like a piece of trash and I felt part of me become defensive of him after he-briefly-told me what has happened to him from his childhood upbringing to now. It was heartbreaking yet here he was at nearly two thirty am in a park in New Jersey smiling at someone like myself. I didn't want to believe I was his source of happiness but Gerard has said many times that since my arrival at Belleville academy he's noticed a good change in his brother; he's no longer the kid who Gerard found asleep with tears running down his face or crumbled up suicide notes in his trash bin or songs that's are just pure rage in messy writing. The tears aren't as frequent, the notes haven't been found in the bin and the lyrics have changed into a much happier field that Gerard doesn't believe it was possible but it somehow was; he says it's me. It's all me, that did it but I haven't been in his life nearly as long as anyone else; then again sometimes you need new people to block out the old and bad ones.

"I think about you a lot" he said.
"Why?" I asked.
"You're different. You aren't like anyone else I've met. You like comics not high heels, you like rock music and concerts and most pits, not rap and strip clubs and street fights. You're someone I didn't think I needed in my life but am glad I found y'know. You know how to change my mood around when I feel like shit, you're so kind and I can tell it's from the heart, that you actually care and not just because you need a friend because someone like you can make friends with anyone yet you picked me"
"What are you getting at with this, Mikey?" I asked.
"I never stop rambling about you to G and he always tells me the same thing over and over again but tonight, during the movie I felt different about myself. I felt confident in what my brother told me which is why I wanted you to come before this cockiness washed off. Lyn, I'm gonna be blunt" he continued.
"Are you a serial killer? Do you have a blood kink? Are you a vampire?" I questioned making a smile come on brightly to his face as he looked down between our cups shyly making my lips curl.
"No no and no but I know I'm incredibly pale but that's besides the point. I like you, Lyn. I like everything about you, from physical appearance to personality it just, I don't know, has me hooked onto you and you're always running through my mind and I know I'm gonna get a slap upside the head but-" I cut him off by leaning in and holding his cheeks as I pressed my lips against him in which he responded with putting his hands on my waist before I parted away and set the cups on the actual table to scoot closer to him to kiss the boy again and fix the pieces that needed to be fixed.