Problematic

The first thing that came to my head was: oh hell no! I managed to stop the growl that begged to be released. But Cole didn't, a low growl rumbled from his chest, and they both shifted nervously glancing at one another. I sniffed the air for their scents, and I didn't recognize them. They don't smell like any of the packs. Are they from a different country? I wondered, watching them through narrowed eyes, do they not know that I and Cole are mated?

"And why is that?" He snarled lowly, glancing between them.

The man didn't back down, "we used to live in the West Continent, but after we were brutally attacked and lost all our land, we took the few wolves who had survived and moved here. We are still a rather small pack, and I thought we could start an allegiance if you mated my daughter."

I couldn't stop myself this time, I scoffed and rolled my eyes. My wolf, despite not liking Cole a whole lot, was begging to be free so she could tear out this man's throat. The man glared at me, but I returned it without a care. My wolf and I were tired of being overlooked.

"I am already mated," Cole said slowly, trying to keep control.

"To whom?" The woman butted in this time.

"Me!" I snapped, crossing my arms to stop my claws from coming out. I met her gaze fiercely, and she slightly flinched. The man snorted, frowning at me.

"I don't see a mark," he huffed, and with a roll of my eyes, I flipped my hair, revealing the slightly bruised mark on my shoulder. I could feel Cole staring at my mark, and I didn't miss the smell of pride that flowed from him. Men.

"I don't see this as something I want to agree on, so if you will, I would like for you to leave."

Cole stood up, and carefully grabbed my hand. He glared down at the Alpha and Luna, whose names we still didn't know, and then walked to the door. He opened it, and as he stepped out, a girl around my age came rushing over. Blonde hair fell in ringlets down her shoulders, and big doe eyes looked up at Cole in admiration. Jealousy scorched my body, and even though I had no idea who she was, I was tempted to tear off her skin.

"Did you agree?" She exclaimed, clapping her hands together. Despite the excitement on her face, the smell of fear was flowing from her.

"No, I already have a mate," he said simply, bringing me forward. She glanced at me, and I expected to be glared at, but she sighed in relief.

"Oh, thank god!" She sighed, "no offense, but I really didn't want to be mated to you."

She looked back at Cole, and shrugged. There was a strange innocence about her that made me wonder how old she even was. She smiled, and then walked back to the chair and sat down. She wiped the back of her hand across her forehead.

"So, what's your name?" I asked, letting go of Cole's hand and walking towards her.

"Oh!" She said, "I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Cara."

"Gemma," I replied, holding out a hand and shaking hers.

"I'm sorry about my parents. They're just really worried about the future of our pack and all that. They're also worried about me because my mate died during the attack," she said, her voice dying down as sadness took over.

"Oh," I mumbled, and without thinking I pulled her into a hug. She sighed and rested her head on my shoulder. We pulled apart, and she smiled at me, and it was barely even broken.

"I like you," she remarked with a laugh.

"Come on Cara, let's go!" The woman barked, her and her mate finally exiting the office. Cara waved slightly, and then followed her parents, her head bowed quietly. Cole and I stood there for a while, looking where they disappeared. I turned towards him, and he smiled softly.

"It seems like everyone has been taking a liking to you."

"Meh, I'm just that fabulous," I bit my lip, thinking about Tristan, "hey I need to talk to you about something."

I sat down in one of the chairs and crossed my legs nervously. I fiddled with my fingers, thinking about what I should say. How do I even start this? Oh, by the way, I found my mate and what-not!

"You remember Tristan, the warrior from the warrior exchange program, right?" I asked, and he nodded, "well... so, he was my mate."

Silence greeted me, and I looked up watching as Cole stared at me blankly. I bit my lip and shut my eyes, then opened them to continue. I can do this.

"I checked up on him in the infirmary, and he was extremely disrespectful to you and to me. I was wondering if you could send him home early," I finished simply, keeping my voice steady.

"Do you have any feelings for him?" He asked, completely disregarding what I said. I frowned and glanced at him.

"No, I crushed our bond when I told him he would be leaving soon," I muttered.

"Then I see no reason to send him home early unless you see him as a threat to our mate bond," he stated and stood up, prepared to walk away.

"He's not a threat to our mate bond! He's a stupid, disrespectful wolf! He was mad at you, and shouted at me, even though we are his superiors!" I snapped, standing up as well, "he may not be a threat to the pack now, but if he continues with his disrespectful act, other wolves will start to think it is okay."

He glanced at me over his shoulder, "I will know it is not okay."

He started to walk away, and I ran after him. I attempted to talk to him several times, but he just ignored me and kept walking. I was worried about what he would do, he could do any stupid thing. Stop worrying, this man is our mate and an Alpha, whatever he does will be for the best, my wolf coaxed softly. I sighed, and nodded, agreeing with her. Cole needs my faith in him or he can't lead.

"Whatever you do," I said loudly, catching his attention, "I will be right behind you and agree with everything you do."

He smiled, "that's good. But sometimes as Luna, you're going to have to now agree with me, but right now isn't the time."

I nodded and reached forward, grabbing his hand in mine. Sparks flared up my body again, and I could feel Cole slightly shudder. I smirked, glad that I wasn't the only one that was majorly affected by the mate bond. We made it to the kitchen, and when we got there, Cole grabbed the phone and pulled out a sheet of paper. I watched silently as he dialed a number, and let it ring.

"Ali? Can I speak to your father please?" Cole asked, "thank you. Hello there, Alpha Simon, I need to talk to you about your warrior, Tristan Connaise."

Something was mumbled from the other line, and Cole nodded.

"Yes, let's just say he's been..." he glanced at me, "rather rude."

I tried to listen in to what the other side was saying, but the phone must've been made for werewolves, extremely quiet so our werewolf can't pick up what is happening. I sat down at the table, the whole time watching Cole, waiting to see for any bad reactions. He pursed his lips and glanced at me, before snorting an okay, and hanging up.

"What did he say?" I asked.

"He told me I could punish him as needed," he replied, "and I want you there with me."

I blinked, "er- why?"
"Because he disrespected you as well, and if you are doing the punishment, it will ensure the females will keep in line since they now have a Luna to keep her eye on them."

"Oh."

________
I really didn't like this chapter, but oh well! I hope you guys enjoyed it!

Please comment and vote and make this awkward human being smile!

*~*