The Heat

I eventually fell asleep, getting knocked out from the pain. When I woke up, the sunlight was streaming into the window. Cole was nowhere, and then I shrieked when all the pain came back hitting me with full force. I closed my eyes and shuddered. My clothes were off, but it was still so hot.

I shoved the duvet off me and lay there. The pain and fire still didn't go away, and my body was begging for one thing: intercourse. My finger slipped down to my entrance and rubbed myself there. There was practically a small stream in between my legs. I shuddered as I pleased myself, and for a while, it helped, but my body wouldn't have it. The heat was a gift, so we could have children, but it was also a curse.

I suddenly realized why Mel had said that I should get pregnant soon. She knew the full moon was coming, and she's expecting us to mate. That was the only full stream of thoughts that go through me before the pain clouded everything.

"COLE!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, I didn't care if he was Alpha and had to deal with all the unmated males and other females in heat. I needed him, and even though the pack came first, I should come first right now, and for the rest of this horror week.

The door was unlocked and he walked in. He stared at me nervously, and all the sexual images flashed in my head again. I wanted him so bad, I needed him. I sat up, despite the pain saying no, and smiled at him.

"You're finally here," I whispered, and got up, walking towards him. He breathed in my scent, and his whole body shuddered. I traced a finger down his jaw, and across his bare chest. He only had gray sweatpants on, and I was loving every second of it. I leaned up to his ear, and nipped it playfully, "I missed you."

He pushed me away forcefully, and I fell to the floor. I glared up at him angrily and stood back up again. I leaned against the bed, watching him with heated eyes. I bit my lip and eyed him up and down.

"I'm sorry, Gemma," he whispered, "but I don't know if I'm ready for a kid."

I stared at him in disbelief, and a snarl ripped through me, "you don't even care about how much pain I'm in?"

I cried out and crumbled onto the bed as the pain stabbed me again, reminding me that it was still here. Tears threatened to leak out, and I didn't bother to hold them back. They slid down my face and fell off my chin into my lap. I sobbed and hugged my knees to my chest. Moon Goddess, help me.

"Do you want to take a cold bath?" He asked, and I looked up at him. I nodded softly, and he picked me up and carried me bridal style towards the bathroom. Just when he was about to set me down, I grabbed the back of his head and brought his face to mine. I kissed him, my passion seeping into it.

He groaned and kissed me back. He bit my lip, but I didn't give him access. I trailed my mouth across his jaw and down his neck. I left hickies the whole way down and smirked when his next moan was full of fire and passion. I moved my body, and wrapped my legs around his waist, grinding against him, loving every second of it.

"Stop!" He snapped and pushed me off. He placed me in the tub and turned on the cold water. I stared at him from underneath my lashes. I let the water envelop me, but it didn't rid of the pain or the feeling of need between my legs. I will get him in bed, even if it's the last thing I do, I thought darkly.

I leaned against the tile and sighed. I closed my eyes, running my hands through my hair, trying to calm myself. I wasn't sure if I was ready for a kid either, I wasn't even in my twenties yet. But, I was desperate for the pain to die down. And not to get that extremely embarrassing lecture from Mel.

"Look, Gemma, I hate to do this to you, but we're both so young," he murmured, shaking his head.

"You're twenty-three!" I croaked, gritting my teeth, "plenty of people already have a kid or two at that age."