Destiny

"My Oracle is busy right now," Alpha Fawn said, leaning back and shaking his head. My fury was going up through the roof. I was half tempted to stab this stupid Alpha.

"I need to see her now!" I snapped, hitting the table with the flat of my palms. When he merely raised his eyebrows and turned around in his chair, my fury heightened. I'd probably caught the Moon Goddess' attention by now.

Just as I opened my mouth to speak, I was interrupted, "what's going on here?"

Grace stepped into the office, her dark skin illuminated by the bright lights strongly shining. Cole rubbed my back in reassurance. I smirked at Alpha Fawn, quietly asking him just how busy his Oracle really was.

"I thought you had important business," he said lowly.

"I did, but I heard all this shouting and recognized Gemma's voice. Is there something you need?" She asked, completely ignoring her Alpha's protests. I'd never really known an Oracle before, but I liked how she completely disregarded this idiot in front of us.

"It's important."

"Follow me please," she murmured. Both me and Cole stood up but she shook her head at him, "I can only have one client."

I trusted Grace, so with a small smile I nudged Cole back into his chair. He sent daggers at the Oracle, but she merely brushed him off. She led me into a large dark wood office. Candles glowed brightly on the shelves and jars of all sorts of weird stuff covered them. Several jars of salt, crushed green crystals, seashells, and some crushed up plant. Bowls were set down on the floor and a large book was open.

"You came here to talk about your children, yes?" She murmured. She grabbed the jar of salt and seashells, and then a little bowl of crushed white rocks. Grace set them down on the floor and sat down cross-legged. I sat down across from her and watched as she arranged things.

"Children?" I muttered, glancing at her.

"I had a dream of three children," she murmured, pouring sand into a star shape around the bowls, "one was blue—void—the other two were white, but one had black smudges."

"What does that mean?" I asked.

She shrugged, "that's your job to interpret. I would worry about the black smudges if I were you. Color is always important, the Moon Goddess loves color. Each color stands for something, and I've already told you about blue."

"Why are you setting up?" I asked, "you already had a dream."

"I can't tell you all about the dream, some I have to show you," she muttered, rolling her eyes. I poured some of the crushed rocks into a black bowl and mixed in the seashells with it. She took a mirror and placed it down on the bowl. She put her hands in a bowl of liquid and coated them in it. She rubbed her hands together and then placed them on the back of the mirror.

Grace glanced up at me, worry flecking the depths of her eyes. She picked up the mirror and showed it to me. I stared blankly at it and then Grace grabbed my hand. The liquid stung my hand and when I closed my eyes in a wince, the world spun.

++++
The mirror enlarged. I gazed into it and watched. Just as Grace said, there were three kids. Two white and one blue, but neither white one was smudged. The three kept getting bigger and bigger, and slowly one had black smudges on it. I watched quietly, ignoring the soft presence beside me.

The blue one left and the two white ones were left alone. Suddenly, the black smudged one leapt for the clean one. The two wrestled and my eyes widened as two larger shapes appeared behind them. The smudged one was backed up by a large, dark shadow with horns protruding out of its head. The plain one was backed up by the shape of a woman, all white and silver.