Caught Moon

A week later...

I woke up in the middle of the night to somebody poking my side. I grunted and glanced up at the person. Cole crouched over me, his blue eyes shining brightly. I was tempted to smack him and tell him to go back to bed. I stopped myself when I saw the smirk on his face. He has something sexy in store for us, my wolf purred.

"What Cole, it's almost midnight?" I grumbled.
"It's actually five in the morning, the sun is about to rise," he corrected, I smile, we're going to go see the sunrise, "I wanted you to come watch the moon set with me."

"What?" I sputtered. I guess we're not watching the sunrise together, "that's not a thing."

"The moon is brightest with the sunrises and its splashed with all sorts of color. We can watch the sunrise some other time."

He managed to drag me out of bed and outside. We were currently staying in a little cottage outside of the main population area. It was close to Lyra's grave, so we could visit her daily. The statue that I had given them, hadn't rusted or even broken. The sound and movement no longer worked, but it was still all good. I could fix it up and give it to my kids. In the past months me and Cole had been together, I hadn't had the time to tinker with anything. I missed it a lot.

As we ran across the wide valley, Cole jumped and shifted. I followed pursuit, our wolves prancing side by side through it. This reminded me of the first time we actually bonded. We ran through the river, over the hills, and then near the edge of the territory. We rushed up the cliff that touched noses with our border line.

The moon was a bright full thing. It was so large from our position. I unconsciously shifted back into human form and pressed into Cole. It was cold, but I didn't mind all that much. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pressed a kiss to my mark. I hadn't noticed it in the past week, but it fully blossomed now. It was an actual Luna mark. There was the outline of a crescent moon and a wolf head. It was gorgeous and I would lay in bed, my hand pressed up against it, a corny smile lighting up my face.

It had only been a week since Cole and I had resolved all the shit going on in our life, but we very happy now. We weren't young teenagers in love, we were more like a happy married couple. A happy married couple with no financial problems.

"While we wait, why don't you tell me about the place you were in while you were half-dead?" He asked, leaning back on his elbows.

"I've already told you this, multiple times," I sighed, running a hand through his thick hair. He just made a pouty face at me.

"It's fascinating. Not everyone can say that they died and came back to life."

I smiled and laid down, half of my body on Cole. I stroked his muscled shoulders while I started up with the story for the millionth time.

"Well... it was blank at first, nothing but white and ashes...

++++

It was an odd place, so quiet and empty compared to the world of life. I felt empty inside as well. The light gray ashes fluttered in the air and I watched with boredom while they swirled around. There was no time here, I could feel it in my soul. This place was full of death.

The ashes slowly started to form into the shape of a wolf. The wolf was a russet red and its whole body moved like liquid. Muscles bunched up in every part possible. Its blank white eyes watched me as it circled slowly. I was stiff with nerve, but not fearful. The wolf wouldn't hurt me, it was just observing. I knew this somehow.

It leapt at me, but I didn't move. It hit me, disappeared, and color burst to life all around me. I was in a field of flowers. They continued on for miles in every direction, but there was so much more. There was a quiet, tinkling music all around me, despite nothing else being there. There was no wind, but I could feel a cool breeze brushing my whole body.