ミcoping with stress

stress is one of the many things literally everyone gets, but unfortunately it can become a little too overbearing at times.

here are a few ways to deal with stress depending on how much you have, or how badly it is hitting you.

ways to reduce stress

  sit in a dark room on the floor, or just on the edge of your bed in silence and just breathe.

being secluded away can sometimes be a good thing when dealing with stress. just sit in silence for however long you find necessary and just listen to your own breaths for awhile. close your eyes and feel your lungs inhaling the oxygen and then imagine them exhaling it out slowly. soon enough, you'll begin to feel the stress start to fade and become more calm and relaxed.

play music as loud as you can with headphones in and listen to your favorite songs.

this one is a little more obvious, but it works very well in calming your body and bringing your mind into a better stress-free state by distracting it with something you enjoy. put aside what you're doing and turn up the music as loud as it can go and just lose yourself in it.

scream into a pillow and cry

as weird as this sounds, it's one of the most effective things i find working for myself. it lets out every single frustration you have and allows you to just discard all of the negativity building up inside of you and releases it before it gathers up and explodes on its own. as strange as it may be, after crying your mind will start to relax and the screaming will push out all of the stress before it gets to be too much and get rid of all the thoughts or unvoiced things happening in your head.

scribble on a notebook or paper as hard as you can

this one is sort of passive aggressive too, but after it will definitely calm you down. take a pen or pencil and press down as hard as you can and just draw lines back and forth all over the paper as many times as you need to and surely it will help release some of those building up frustrations. this one is quite easy and not very noticeable to do in class, or even in cafes or coffee shops on napkins if need be.

stare at the ceiling and think

while it may perhaps be boring to some people, i have a very active mind as im sure a lot of you do as well, so it's easy for my thoughts to just drift off and make up little day dreams to distract myself and make me feel calm again. if you're somewhere you can't do that, just sit in a comfortable position and focus your eyes on nothing in particular and let your brain drift off into its little fantasies.

take breaks

this one is mainly for homework if you're someone like me who gets tons to do per day. doing it all in one sitting is faster, but remember to take breaks as much as you need to to give your brain a few moments to stop yourself from being overwhelmed.

run

this one is mainly targeted towards people who enjoy working out to get rid of stress. put on headphones and literally run as fast as you can and as long as you can until you're completely exhausted and feel as though you have gotten everything out. for me, this is a must after i finish doing homework every day or had a particularly stressful thing happen.

these are just a few ways that i know for a fact work for me so be sure to at least give them a try and see if they work for you as well. everyone is different so if they don't, dont feel discouraged.

if your stress is an overwhelming amount, please come up with some type of way to do your homework or job or social things in a way that doesn't drain you as much and frustrate you (if you would like a chapter about this i would happily write it for you).

if you have any concerns or even more suggestions feel free to comment them or if you would like to talk to me about something more personal my pms are always open for anyone.