ミhow to tell your loved ones you have an ed

unfortunately this is very based on how open minded your friends and close ones are and how much they truly care about you, but hopefully this will still help.

how to tell your friends/family you have an eating disorder

go to the person you trust the most and tell them days before you plan to tell anyone else.

if that person you're closest and most afraid to lose already knows you'll feel less nervous and when the time comes to tell everyone else, you'll have someone to support you that already knows.

the best way would be to do it as a group, that way people are more likely to stick around and not just walk away because others will tell them to stay or they'll want to stay for the other people also in the room.

tell them it's happening, but the reason for you telling them is because you want help or at least have plans to try and stop it on your own.

don't push them out or refuse to talk about it afterwards. if they come to you wanting to know more, then tell them as long as you're comfortable with it.

if they don't come to you for awhile, give them time to really digest it. it's a big thing to tell someone that you have an eating disorder and it might take a little bit for them to properly grasp the situation.

and honestly, if it does go wrong and your friends don't care i recommend finding new ones because those type of people are highly toxic.

if it's your family who doesn't care or instead gets mad at you, i would honestly recommend moving out when you're an adult and distancing yourself or not concern them in such matters because speaking from experience, they're probably going to react the same on other related situations as well.

hope this helped at all.