ミhow to stop feeling guilty

some ways to hopefully help you stop feeling guilty for the things you did for yourself, but might have harmed someone in the process.

ask yourself if the things you did for yourself were for the best

if they were, you shouldn't feel guilty about bettering your life. if they weren't, try to understand that everyone makes mistakes and life is all about learning through experience and consequences and this is just another thing you now understand the result of so you can hopefully not do it again.

see if you can fix the damage done to your relationship to the other person

if you hurt someone it's important to apologize whether or not you still want them in your life. you never know what kind of things they're going through or how big of an affect something could have on them, so even if you know you're in the right or think so, still offer an apology even if you don't necessarily mean it. if you do want them in your life still, try to explain the situation from your point of view and why you did it, if it was to better yourself and they cannot understand or accept that, consider cutting them out of your life. if it hurt them deeply and wasn't to better yourself, still explain the situation and try to mend things slowly, letting them take time to warm back up to you and try to get them to realize it was a mistake you'll learn from.

in case you still feel guilty afterwards

no one in this world is perfect. some people may seem perfect, but truely everyone has flaws and has made mistakes, it's what makes us people. try to remember that making mistakes or experiencing something hard is all about humanity, and you shouldn't stay up at night overthinking something that will one day seem unimportant. try to distract your mind by doing things you enjoy, make good memories to try and outshine the bad, and remember it's okay to be human.