[1]

Today is the first day of high school. I'm not really nervous. My 2 best friends are going to the same high school as me. Sonnyhill High. (Idek😂) I got out of bed and slipped on my uniform. I decided to text my friends to see if they were up. It was 6am, so I figured they'd be awake for our first day of school tradition. Our tradition is that we Skype before we leave.

I got replies from both of them.

Aliyah 💞😜- You guys up yet?

Chloe 😂💝- Yup! I'm pretty excited 4 the first day of school

Serena 💜💋- Same!!

Aliyah 💞😜- Gtg get ready. call you guys soon 😘

Serena 💜💋- Love ya Hun xx

Chloe 😂💝- See ya soon 😘😘

I turned off my phone and threw it on the bed. I ran downstairs to the kitchen and there  lay a perfect stack of pancakes. I sat on the kitchen bench and dug in. They were so delicious!

After I got ready My phone was blowing up with messages

32 new notifications from Besties 😘💖

32? I unlocked my phone and read all the messages. I replied:

Aliyah 💞😜- Hey! Soz I was kinda late... Ready 2 Skype?

Serena💜💋- Yep!

As soon as Serena sent the message, Chloe called us.

"Hey!" I said.

"Hi!" Said Chloe.

"Hey guys!" Serena said.

"You all have your books?" I asked.

"They're packed and ready," Serena said with a wink.

After a quick chat, it was time for us to go. We said our goodbyes and ended the chat. I picked up my bag, said goodbye to my mom who was upstairs getting my little sister Arden, who is 4, ready for preschool, then I walked out of the house.

Outside of my house, there's a bus stop so I walked straight up to it and sat down. I plugged my earphones in and listened to some music while I waited for the bus.

Soon the bus arrived. The bus was packed like it normally is, so I squeezed through the narrow aisle until I found Chloe and Serena in a three seater row. I sat next to Serena and the three of us talked for a while until we reached the school.

-TIME SKIP TO AFTER SCHOOL-

"No way! Aliyah! Get down here!" I heard my mom squeal. I ran down the stairs, thinking it was an emergency. When I saw my mom with a smile on my face and holding a flyer I sighed with relief. I went into the kitchen.

"What is it?" I asked.

"There's a Dance Company like half an hour away, that's holding auditions! You should TOTALLY try out!" She exclaimed.

"What's it called?" I questioned.

"It's calllllllllled," she held the L as she skimmed through the paper. "Abby lee Dance Company,"

"That's sounds familiar" I said. Which was true. I think I had heard Serena mention it once.

"So. Are you in?" She practically yelled.

"Yeah I guess." I said. My mom started dancing like a freak, which totally made me cringe.

"Mom!" I complained. "Stop it!"

"Fine," she huffed and stomped away like a little child.

I went back up to my room and decided to see if Chloe or Serena knew what Abby Lee Dance Company was.

Aliyah💞😜- Do one of you guys know what Abby Lee Dance Company is?

Serena💜💋- Uhm. YASS. Aldc is the studio where Dance moms is held.

Aliyah💞😜- Dance moms?

Serena💜💋- The show!!! MY FAVOURITE TV SHOW OF ALL TIMMMMMMMMEEEEE!

Aliyah💞😜- ok ok chill😂

Serena💜💋-why?

Aliyah💞😜- my mom wants me to audition there coz they're holding auditions.

Serena💜💋- WHAT?!?!? Omg that's huge! Do you understand that you have to be the BEST dancer to get in?

Serena💜💋- Like, if you get in, that would be a HUUUGE honour!

Aliyah💞😜- pressure much 😒

Serena💜💋- You don't understand how awesome that would be to get in. I say, you go for it! You're so talented and a awesome dancer! You'll probs get in!

Aliyah💞😜- Ok. I will!

Serena💜💋- you go grl!! 💖💖

Woah. That's awesome. If I got in, that would be an honour? My mom has always told me I've been an amazing dancer. Hopefully it'll pay off. That'll be super cool if I get in!

"Hey mom?" I yelled from my room.

"Yeah?" She replied

"When are auditions?" I asked.

"Um, Wednesday at 4pm." She answered. Thats in 2 days! I better get practicing!

I open the door to our spare room. We transferred the spare room into a dance room, because I wanted to practice when I was little, so we figured it would be easier to transfer a room we don't use into something useful.

There were mats and gym equipment everywhere in one corner of the room. In a another corner, there was some wood, I would tap on, so I don't damage the floorboards. There was a ballet Barr on one of the walls, and at the front of the room, there was a mirror. It was just like a dance studio.

I started on the gym equipment, just to stretch out before I danced. I sat in my straddle and reached for the floor in front of me to stretch out my legs. Then I did a few other exercises before I started dancing. I went from gym, to ballet, to tap, then to contemporary and then I ended with hip hop. By the time I finished it was time for dinner.

I walked downstairs to be met with the smell of burgers. My favourite meal of all time. Homemade burgers. I sat patiently on my phone and waited for the burgers to be made. The smell was taunting me and I so badly wanted to start eating, but I patiently sat and waiting for my food to be brought to me.

As the end of the day came, I lay in my bed and soon drifted off to sleep thinking about if I get in. That would be so cool!

A/N starting off strong with a long chapter 😂 Over 1000 freaking words!!