[4]

I watched my phone anxiously. I held myself from pressing send. I read over the message again, and again.

Aliyah💞😜- Hey guys! You're probably going to kill me after this, but I have to be homeschooled. I know we've looked forward to going to school together, and I will really miss going to school together, we've had so much fun preparing. I understand if you don't want to talk to me, but I had no choice. It was either homeschool or ALDC, and if you understand, I chose ALDC. We'll still hang out and stuff but I have to do what's best for me and what my mom thinks is my dance career. Love you guys.

Sent: 8:32am. Now all I had to do was wait. I sat on the kitchen bench and rethought about everything. Was this the right decision? Almost immediately I received a reply. It was Serena.

Serena- I understand. Although I'm really upset that you won't be at school, I accept your decision. Have fun @ ALDC.

Chloe- I can't believe you.

Serena- what?

Chloe- you too Serena. I can't believe you guys are just blowing off the fact that our whole summer preparing for this moment was for nothing. I can't believe Serena's ignoring how Amanda won't be at school for the WHOLE FREAKING YEAR! I can't believe it.

Aliyah- I'm sorry you feel that way Chlo.

Aliyah- Thx for understanding Serena.

Serena- I do, I do understand completely.

Aliyah- forgive me Chlo.

Aliyah- Plz. I'm really sorry.

I sighed as I put my phone down. I rubbed my head in frustration. Why doesn't Chloe understand?

"Come on Liyah! We have to go to dance now!" My mom yelled from the hallway.

"M'kay... coming." I reply and grab my bag from beside me. I walk to the car and sit in the front seat. I buckle myself, frown and tie my hair into a messy bun. My mom sits in her seat and looks at me.

"Is everything alright?" She asks.

"No actually," I mumbled under my breath, intentionally letting her hear me.

"What's up Liyah?" She questions.

"I told Serena and Chloe that I had to be homeschooled and Chloe wasn't very happy. She isn't talking to me now," I say, tears forming in my eyes.

"I'm sorry Aliyah," Mom days as she starts the car. "Was Serena..."

"...she understood," I interrupted. "She knew that I had to do it,"

"That's good." She replied and started driving off.

After a semi long drive we arrived at ALDC. I pushed the door open and all the girls stood at the front desk, they had all just arrived too. "Hey Aliyah!" Maddie exclaimed and hugged me. I hugged back.

"Aliyah!" Kendall welcomed and hugged me as well. These girls were so nice to me.

"Aliyah! Hello! We were about to start if you didn't show up!" Ms. Abby said jokingly. I laughed, but I wasn't sure if I was meant to. All of us, including the moms, walked into the main room. All of the girls and I put our bags in the cabinets and changed out shoes into what Ms. Abby told us to wear. We started with solos like last time, and instead of Maddie starting, I started this time.

I practiced all night last night, improving what I could and trying to remember all the steps, I hope I got them right.

Luckily for me, I did, and soon it was Maddie's turn. The girls and I stayed in the main room, and just talked and stretched. But mainly talked.

"You're going to meet the mini team today," Kendall told me.

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"It's just Ms. Abby's second team that she runs, it gets her really busy, our moms don't like them very much," Mackenzie answers.

"I think they're cute though," Nia adds and we all laugh at her comment. When Maddie's finished working on her solo, we all practice the group dance. It's a really beautiful dance, and I enjoy dancing to it a lot.

We're almost done, and the door opens. The mini team. 5 little girls walk through the door. With who I assume is their moms. "Ah! Here they are," Ms. Abby says. We all walk out to meet them.

"Aliyah, this is Lilianna, call her lily," she said pointing to the shortest girl wearing pigtails. "This is Elliana, we all call her Elli. Peyton, Alexus and Areana," she finished. "Their moms, Stacey, Yolanda, Kerri, Tiffanie and Sari."

I nodded and said hello to them. "Girls. And moms. This is Aliyah and her mom Heather." Ms. Abby told them.

Finally, the end of the day came. I was exhausted, so as soon as I got home, I showered, got dressed, brushed my teeth and went to bed.

A/N does anyone read this?

Also I'm aware that the mini team is created in S6, and this is held in S4, but I feel like adding the mini team would be more interesting.

Sorry if this is confusing