[6]

I got to dance the next week after the competition and placed my bag in the cabinets. We all stood in a line to begin pyramid.

"At the bottom, we have Kendall," Ms Abby said. "You were sloppy, I keep telling you to point your toes and straighten your legs when you leap!"

"Nia, your next. I think you did really well actually, except for that one part in the group dance when you fell behind."

"Now, we've got Chloe. Amazing. That's all,"

"Mackenzie. As being the main focus of the group dance you did really well to stand out and your acro was amazing!"

"Next..." she paused. "...we've got Maddie. You were really outstanding as always" Mackenzie rolls her eyes. I look at her and giggle. "But you came 2nd overall. To Aliyah,"

"Which brings us to the top of the pyramid, which is Aliyah! You came first and that was pretty well deserved. You may just keep your spot here at ALDC. You've come on your first week and you've really worked hard. Gianna has told me how well you've been doing, and that's wonderful. You also keep up with the group dance soooo well! Well done!" She tells me and everyone claps. I just smile. Then I hear yelling. I roll my eyes. Does this happen EVERY day? "She deserves it! More than your kid does!" I heard Ms. Abby scream. Tears form in my eyes. Do people not want me here? Are they being serious? I see Chloe begin to tear up too, because her mum was the one that got in the argument, so I go up to her and hug her. "She doesn't mean it," Chloe says whispering.
"Neither does Miss Abby. You deserve to be here too," I tell her.

"This week, we're going to a competition called 'infinity'" Ms. Abby interrupted my thoughts. "We've got both Mackenzie and Kendall doing a duet and Chloe doing a solo. I expect you to win Chloe, this is the first time in a long time we've only had 1 solo, so I do expect you to win. You'll have to work hard. You're even lucky you got this solo." Ms. Abby explained.

Chloe went to work on her solo, and Mackenzie and Kendall went to learn their duet, so Nia, Maddie and I waited in the main room. We were having a great time and we were talking and laughing until Maddie gave me a stern look and said, "Can we talk? Just you know, the two of us?" She asked me with a smile. I nodded and followed her down a hall. Luckily, the cameras were busy filming Kendall and Mackenzie's duet and Chloe's Solo.

"Is everything alright?" I ask her.

"No, actually." She begins. "You better watch out Aliyah. I swear if you take my spot at being at the top of the pyramid, things are gonna go down. Stop working hard, your not going to be here for long anyway. Once you beat me at something else, rumours will be spread, and lies will be told. Do you understand?" She whisper yelled at me.

I quickly nodded in fear. "Now don't act suspicious. If anyone finds out, the consequences will be worse," she scolds at me before walking away and sitting down with the rest of the group.

"Is everything alright?" Nia asks. Maddie gives me a death stare without anyone looking and I smile and nod at her.

"Everything's fine!" I tell her sweetly. I don't even notice I've been sweating until I touched my forehead and it was covered in sweat.

"What'd you guys talk about?" Nia asks curiously, getting suspicious.

"Dance, and stuff..." Maddie says.

"Cool..." Nia replies and changes the subject. "Did you hear about the accident on the news?"

"Oh yeah, that was so tragic," Maddie replies.

"I have to um.... go um... to the bathroom," I stutter.

"Ok," Maddie answers and they continue talking. I walk to the bathroom and sit. I cry. Silently. Nobody want me here. I tried so hard to get in, but nobody really wants me here. Maddie, Jill, Christi, Melissa... they all don't like me here. I finally stop crying, wipe my tears, wash my face and make sure it doesn't look like I've been crying, and walk out.

I notice the girls aren't sitting on the floor anymore, they're in class. I quickly grab a quick drink, change my shoes and walk in. "Where were you?" Ms. Abby asked.

"Bathroom..." I muttered.

"Right. Ok, so this dance is called "no more", and it's about being picked on. I've got roles I want all of you to play. "Maddie, you are the role of bullying. I really want you to portray being bullied and how sad you are in this dance," she says.

"Kendall you are harassment, you are getting punched and hurt physically, but also emotionally. You have to show that in your face."

(Ok why'd I give Kendall the role of having to use her face? 😂😂👌🏼 Sorry continue I'm kidding)

"Mackenzie, you are cyber bullying,"

"Aliyah, you are threats and rumours," she tells me. "I want you to act like you are being threatened to do something a certain way otherwise they'll be consequences, like rumours," wow. What. A. Co-in-ci-dence. 

"Nia, you'll be the role of having a disability..." I heard, then I trailed off.

Soon, the end of the day approached and my mom was waiting for me. "Hey honey!" She yelled from the car.

"Hi mom," I reply and get in the car.

"You alright?" She asks me.

"I'm fine! I'm fine," I assure her and we head off.