[5]

I'm so nervous I could clean the whole house. When I'm nervous I clean, and at the moment, I'm really nervous! Today is my first competition with ALDC. I texted Serena and asked her to wish me luck. This is how it starts I guess.

I grabbed my suitcase and headed to the car. I was dressed in my dance wear, which consisted of a tank top, booty shorts and stockings, with my ALDC jacket. I opened the door and sat in the front seat. "Nervous?" Asked my mom.

"Of course I am!" I replied.

"You'll do fine, I promise."

"Ok, if you say so," I sighed.I took my phone out of my pocket and texted Serena:

Aliyah💞😜- I'm in the car about to go to the bus to the comp!😬😬

Serena💜💋- Good luck hun! Send me selfies w/ the girls and some photos of the competition! Luv ya 😘

Aliyah💞😜- I will! Text you later!

Serena💜💋- Ok, cya

Soon, we got to the place where the bus was. I quickly put my hair in a ponytail and walked out with my suitcase. We were the third to arrive, after The Ziegler's and Kendall and Jill. "Hey!" I said

"Hey! Aliyah!" Kendall yelled and came to hug me. Jill looked at me with a death glare. I gave her a sassy look back and she looked away and started to talk with Melissa. "Is Ms. Abby here yet?" I ask.

"Not yet," Mackenzie replied.

Soon, everyone is here besides Ms. Abby. Melissa decided to call her, to see where she was. "Abby? Where are you! The whole crew is here waiting at the bus!" Said Melissa. There was a long pause. We were all looking at Melissa. "What do you mean there's traffic? We all got here with no trouble." Another pause. "Whatever, get here quick though. We're waiting for you." Melissa finishes and ends the call.

"So?" Maddie asks.

"She claims she's stuck in traffic but nobody here was stuck in traffic, especially if we all left at around 7am. It's 8 now, she can't be still stuck in traffic if she left at 7am too," Melissa explains. We all groan and all of the girls and I sit in a circle and talk.

"Oh my gosh! I forgot, my friend is a big fan of this show, she wants me to take a selfie of me with you guys!" I say.

"Ok! Sure thing!"

"I can post it on Insta if you guys want?" I say.

"Ok then, just tag us!" Mackenzie giggles, we all laugh and get into a position where we can all fit in the photo.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

"I love that photo! Can you send it to me?" Nia asked.

"Of course!" I replied.

Sent to Serena💜💋
Sent to Nia✌🏼
Sent to Dance Girls 😛
Posted to Instagram with caption:
Love these girls already!😘 @maddieziegler @kenzieziegler @chloelukasiak @niasioux @kendallvertes

I showed the girls the photo and pressed post on Instragram. Finally, after what seemed like forever, Ms. Abby arrived. "Ms. Abby!" We all cheered and welcomed.

We all hopped on the bus and got ready to go to the competition.

- - - - - - - - LATER- - - - - - - -

"Please welcome, entry number 77, beautiful!"

I walked onstage, palms sweaty and a forced smile plastered on my face. I sat in my beginning pose, ready to begin. As the music began, flashbacks of when I used to perform when I was a little girl popped in my head which made me dance stronger than I was. Smile still on my face I was out of breath, standing with one hand on my hip. I walked offstage like Ms. Abby and Gianna taught me and Maddie showered me with praise such as "Good job!" And "You did so good!"

Sitting in the audience was nerve racking, watching one of the best dancers perform. Maddie Ziegler. And I was up against her, competing for first place. How intimidating is that? Soon it was time for the group dance. Maddie and I had changed into our costumes for the group dance and touched up our makeup. I looked across the stage at the other 3 on the other side. Mackenzie, Chloe and Nia. I didn't even realise the announcer had announced our number, until the music started playing and my heart skipped a beat. Then the dance was over and we were all out of breath. "Good job guys!" Kendall said.

"You kept up pretty well Aliyah!" Chloe told me. I nodded and thanked her.

Then we all got ready for awards. We sat in the dressing room after we got tired of watching some of the other dances. We all put our jackets on and just sat and talked. I pulled out my phone from the front pocket of my suitcase and texted Serena.

Aliyah💞😜- Just finished the dances. Im dying

Serena💜💋- I'm sure you did fine. Betcha come first 😉

Aliyah💞😜- I WAS AGAINST MADDIE

Serena💜💋- oh.... hehe good luck with that.

Serena💜💋- I'm jk. You'll still do fine, against Maddie or not.

Aliyah💞😜- thx. I gtg. We're doing awards 😬

Serena💜💋- GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK

Aliyah💞😜- eek aha thanks 😘😘

I put my phone away and stood up with rest of the girls. I zipped up my jacket and wipe my hands on my jacket in fear. I fidgeted with the hem of dress we were all wearing and walked onstage. We were at the front, in sight of the cameras. There was music playing and everyone, including our team, was dancing so I joined in. I probably made a fool out of myself on the cameras but I had fun. Soon the music faded off and someone spoke on the microphone. "are we ready for awards?" They said. Cheers filled the room.

"We'll start with junior/ senior (idk what they do) solos!"

"In fifth place, entry number 92, shaken!" The young girl got up, received her award and stood at the front, clearly upset she only placed 5th and not any higher.

"In second place," I hopefully waited to see if my name would be called out. "Entry number 63, hide!" Maddie. It was Maddie. Maddie got up, looked back at me sympathetically and received her award. What? I didn't place? I slumped and Mackenzie smiled at me and rubbed my back. "It's alright, you did so well!" She whispered to me.

"Your joking right? You did so much better than all the others!" Chloe told me.

"It's alright, I'm alright," I said to them.

"And In first place..." it was completely silent in the theatre. "We've got, entry number 77, beautiful!"

WHAT? Me? First? I pinched myself. I was dreaming. "Go up!" Mackenzie shouted at me over the clapping. I got up with a huge smile, and grabbed my award. "Congratulations honey!" The announcer said to me. I thanked her, bowed and sat in my spot and gave everyone hugs.

We did the group dance next, and we came first! We all screamed, "ABBY LEE DANCE COMPANY!" When they asked where we came from.

When we got back in the dressing room, all the moms and girls, even Abby told me I did so well, except for Maddie. Strange. I congratulated her but she just nodded and looked away. Ok then.

I texted Serena

Aliyah💞😜- GUESS WHAT!?!

Serena💜💋- let me guess

Aliyah💞😜- too late. I CAME FIRST

Serena💜💋- WHAT?!? Omg congrats!! I bet you did so well. I'll have to watch the newest episode when it comes out.

Aliyah 💞😜- Ahhh!!! I'm so happy!!

Wow, what a day!

A/N Heyooooo

Do you enjoy long chapters? Or should I make them shorter. I feel like all of these chapters have been at least 800-1000 words long. Like this was 1369 words long!

Don't kill me if I get something wrong ☺️