20. A lesson for the generation.

"What do you think Eva?" Alpha Blake asked expectantly.

"Huh?" they were all staring at me, waiting for my reply. I looked around the table nervously. It's not like I wasn't paying attention to the two pair of mates bickering, but what did they want me to do about it? How is that even a topic to fight over?

"We want to be there when Dan watches Liam shift. Do you think it'll be too much for him to handle?" Evan made the face that he used to make when he wanted me to share my ice cream with him.

"We don't want to scare the poor kid with our over charged up energy, Evan" Emma said, without giving me a chance to open my mouth "let it be a family thing for them"

"We are not fa-"

"That's right, you people can show him your wolves when he's comfortable with his parents' wolves" Luna Alexandra cut me off.

Seriously, why ask me a question when you won't let me answer. And we're not an effing family. I glare at Emma, who doesn't even bother to give me a second glance.

Evan grumbled. Alpha Blake turned to his food, disheartened. The women of this family were scary and they surely had their husbands wrapped around their fingers.

I looked at Liam; he shrugged and went back to feeding Dan. He was looking equally out of place. I should do that too; ignore the loud people at the table.

"So, it's decided" Emma clapped her hands together, looking a bit too excited for something she has no business with. I look at her warily "Eva and Alpha are going to take Dan to the woods today" she turned to me "You guys can take Dan for a walk along the lake in the evening"

"Yes! Yes! That will be good for my little baby here" Luna declared happily pinching Dan's cheek.

-----

"Ready?" Liam asked Dan who in turn grabbed bunch of Liam's hair tightly in his little hands.

"Yes, daddy. GO" Dan yelled, like a commander would march his horse into the battle. The only difference was that instead of horseback, he was sitting on Liam's shoulder and was using Liam's hair as a rein.

Liam was here to carry Dan to the lake; I was carrying a backpack full of essentials. We don't know what Dan's reaction will be so we want to make sure we have everything in case of emergency.

Liam looked at me for a moment before charging into the forest. I followed.

The sun was still sitting comfortably in the horizon. It took us about fifteen minutes to reach the clearing. We slowed down when the lake came into view. Dan was giggling and laughing throughout the journey. Something tells me he'll love patrolling once he comes of age. Liam put him down at the edge of the forest. He trotted away as soon as he was out of Liam's grasp. We followed him leisurely.

"Mommy picnic?" Dan looked eager

"Yes" I said putting my bag down "Should we spread the mat?"

"Tent?" he asked

"No, no tent. We're not staying overnight" I explained.

"He looks well acquainted with camping" Liam smiled at Dan.

"Yes" I replied, watching Dan go through the bag like a pro "We used to take him camping on weekends sometimes. He loves it"

"We" He cleared his throat and sat down with Dan "So, shall we start setting up the 'picnic' buddy?"

"Yes yes yes" Dan jumped up and down.

"At your service sir" Liam gestured with his invisible hat.