21.Wishes that are easily granted.

He stared at me, confused.

"Answer me damn it" I yelled through my tears "Am I the reason she's dead? Did the goddess take her away to make room for me?" I felt nausea hitting me as I uttered those words.

He loosened his grip on me "Who was it?" he asked in a low threatening voice.

"Doesn't matter" I shook my head "Did I do that to your wife? To your unborn child?" I held on to his shoulder for support "How can I do that? To an innocent soul...." His menacing glare stopped me.

"It was me" he said "I killed them" his voice devoid of emotions "How can you claim to kill someone in front of their murderer?" he bit out.

My heartbeat stopped at the cruelty in his voice.

"I wrote down her death, the day I set my eyes on her. No one could have saved her from me just like no one could save you from me"

"What do you mean?" I breathed

He chuckled humorlessly "You wouldn't understand. The goddess has a strange relationship with me. She always gives me what I want. Always" he exhaled "I shouldn't have wanted her"

"Look what I've done to you. Look what you're facing because of my doings. You should be wary of me" He looked into my eyes "Stay away from me even if I try to get close to you. My darkness is more powerful than your light. I might just consume you before you try to liberate me" I shuddered at the rawness in his eyes.

He was gone in a blink.

*****
*****

"One way or the other, she's making me talk to strangers" Ray murmured under his breath as he looked around the crowded street. He has been at work for four hours now, talked to six beautiful strangers, got slapped by one and yelled at by two others.

The absurdity of his request wasn't unknown to him, but he was desperate here. He shivered at the thought of having to sit through ten blind dates. Yes, he was going to give his ludicrous idea one last chance, he thought as his eyes zoomed on his target.

She was sitting outside a café, her sharp face focused on the book in her hand.

He stopped at a reasonable distance from her, a distance which will allow him to have a proper conversation but will also shield him from any possible attack. He learned it the hard way.

"Excuse me" he cleared his throat.

"Excuse me, miss" he called out again when the first time didn't generate any response.

She looked up this time. He gave her a smile. She looked around confused before turning back to him with a pointed look

"Me?"

"Yes, hello" he smiled nervously "Can I talk to you for a minute"

"Sure" she nodded, poker faced.

"umm.... Before that, I'll have to make sure you're not a minor"

Her eyes narrowed and she ran a careful glance at his form.

"Well minor or not, I'm a lawyer" she glared at him "So if what you are about to say has anything to do with harassment, be sure to bring your lawyer along. Oh, and I'm quiet flattered that you felt the need to check on my age" with that she went back to her book.

He stood there, debating whether his words could land him in jail.

"Here" he pushed his id forward.

She took it "Ok. Shoot"

He took a deep breath and said "willyougoonafakedatewithme"

"I didn't literally mean 'shoot'"