30.Moving on....Is it that easy for you?

It's finally Saturday.

I have been waiting eagerly for this day. It's been four days since Dan's birthday and Ray is stubbornly refusing to answer my calls. I also have to take care of the 'Jean' woman. She is the storm that's approaching faster than I can run, and I can run pretty fast. So, yeah, it's going to be a busy day.

The doorbell brought with it the scent of my mate. I wonder why he's here early in the morning.

"Hey" he said as I opened the door.

"Good morning" my greeting came out more like a question. I raised my brow waiting for him to state the reason for his visit.

"Me and Dan planned a ride by the lake today" he said running a hand nervously through his hair "I was hoping you could come along. You know when my wolf's is out, it'll be hard to take care of Dan alone"

Ah! I do remember Dan saying something like that last night. I didn't pay much attention to it because he was mostly yelling in excitement and I could hardly catch any meaningful word out of the lot.

"Oh! I would have come along but...."what do I tell him? "...umm.... I have somewhere to go today" I offered him an apologetic smile "I'll ask Emma to fill in for me"

"No, its fine" he said "We can do it some other time"

"Dan is really excited though" I replied "I think I'll be good to engage him in some physical activity. You guys can have fun too. Don't ruin it because of me. I'll ask Emma"

"But..."

"Don't worry. She doesn't hold any grudge against you" I assured him.

He nodded apprehensively.

He turned to leave but stopped midway "Are you going to him?" he asked softly.

I thought of many possible replies to that but came up with nothing. So I just nodded.

"Okay" he replied before walking away.

#####

Liam's interaction with his younger brother's wife has always been minimal. He knew she was an intelligent woman with adequate common sense, if that can be counted as a quality, that is.

It was still weird to spend an entire afternoon with her. They had nothing to talk about.

It was awkward in the beginning but they settled for a comfortable silence after a while. Dan kept them busy for most part of the noon, so that helped a lot.

So it surprised him when she stopped him when he was ready to carry a sleeping Dan back home.

"Whatever you are doing" she said "Its working" he paused to turn and look at her, his eyebrows raised in confusion.

"I don't know why you are behaving the way you are, with Eva" she explained. She has his attention now "it's making her take a notice of you"

He remained silent.

She smiled "She's content with letting her wolf be with her mate while she tactfully avoids you. She'll continue to do that unless you directly confront her fears"

"When she cares for you, when she worries about you, it's not for you, it's for your wolf" she said "But when she's irritated by your behavior, when you do something that surprises her, it's you she looks at, it's you she thinks about" she finished.

"Why are you telling me....." he let his question remain unfinished.

"Because I love her" she said before bowing to him.