33. Because its you.

The title is inspired from this song. So i just thought i should share the URL. And also because it has been one of my favourite songs for years now :D

____________________________

Sunday came faster than I wanted it to. My inside has turned into a bundle of jittery nerves.

Liam refused to divulge any details relating to the date. People around me know that I hate surprises. But of course the only person who doesn't seem to understand that one simple fact turned out to be my mate.

The conversation at the mountain last evening went like this:

"I thought we were planning this together" I accused.

"No" he shook his head "That's not how it's done"

"Says who?" I asked irritated "What if I don't like it, whatever it is that you're planning?"

That got him thinking. I was on the brink of winning when he shook his head again "I'll take the chance" he looked like he was reassuring himself "That's how it should have been the first time around. Let's not count that okay?"

"You are just sooooo ancient" I told him

"Yeah?"

"Um hmm" I nodded "I strangely seem to not 'not like' it" I thought out loud

He smiled a full smile "And you are soooo" he pretended to think "real?"

"Yeah?" I played along.

"Um hmm" he nodded too "So much that it scares me"

"What does?" I asked, the conversation suddenly is no longer playful.

"You" he said not looking away "I know how to behave with everyone else. I know what they want from me, what they expect of me and I give them that. With you, I don't know what you want me to be. I can be what you want, only if you tell me"

"That's because I don't want you to be anything" I said "I want you to be you. I want to know you, not that i-don't-care mask of yours. Can you do that for me?" I asked "Show me who you really are?"

He stared at me for a long time before slowly nodding "The real me loves giving surprises"

My brows furrowed "What?"

The corner of his lips tugged upwards "Let me do this" his eyes eager "Our first date"

"This is the second one actually" I said taking his bait to lighten the atmosphere.

"Oh! Please" he crinkled his nose "Don't call that a date. Our grandchildren wouldn't forgive me if I tell them that that's where our first date happened"

I laughed. Yes, the horror in his face was real, it's funny. I would love to tell people how cute Liam looked when he made a face like that, but of course no one will believe me. Liam and cute? Nope.... It's not April, quit lying.

"Stop laughing" he complained.

"Okay....okay" I tried to control my breathing "So you are not going to tell me anything?" I asked for the last time.

He nodded.

"Fine" I said "Don't complain if I shows up in a pair of sweats"

He shrugged. Really? He doesn't care?

--------

I dropped Dan off at my parents. My father has been dying to spend time with him. So I have the entire afternoon to myself.

It's two in the evening. So I have three hours before I meet Liam and of course two hours before I actually start getting ready. Why? Because I want to p*ss him off. All I'm going to do is wash my face and put on my sweats. That patriarch. Let him get a taste of his own medicine.