Chapter 8:Disappearances

Buddy awoke to a loud insistent ringing of the phone on his bed-side table. He untangled himself from Elfred's arms and reached over to grab it off its holder.

"Hello?" He said, trying to sound awake.

"Hi, is this Elfred?" The voice sounded like it belonged to a young girl; he didn't recognize it.

"No, this is Buddy. May I ask who this is?" He asked, shrugging to answer Elfred's questioning look now that his husband was awake and sitting up.

"My name is Isabelle. I'm Alec Lightwood's sister. I was just wondering if Alec and Magnus are over there." She asked. Buddy noted that she sounded kind of worried. He was immediately concerned.

"No, I haven't talked to them since yesterday. Why?" He turned to his husband and mouthed 'go check on Christie'. When Elfred had left, he put the phone back up to his ear.

"-And I went over to his flat and he wasn't there. I've tried their cells a billion times and they haven't been answering. I'm worried sick because they told our parents yesterday and though they took it okay our aunt didn't and I thought that maybe they left because their situation was causing family problems-"

"Slow down Isabelle. I'm sure they just went for a walk of something and turned their cells off. I know that they wouldn't have left or they would have at least told us since they'll need help with the rest of the pregnancy and with the baby. How about I send Magnus a fire message and we can go over to his flat and wait for them if you want. Okay?" Buddy got up and pulled on some clothes, balancing the phone in between his ear and his shoulder.

"Oh, okay. Could you be at his flat in ten?" He rolled his eyes. Didn't the Nephilim own any watches? It was seven o'clock!

"Fine, I'll be there in ten. Is it alright if I bring Elfred and Christie?" He sat down on the bed and put on his socks, accidently dropping the phone after he finished talking.

He picked it up again to hear the end of what she was saying. "Thanks for everything, bye."

"Goodbye." He said and hung up. He put the phone back on the holder and went into the dining room/kitchen to see Elfred sitting at the table stirring his coffee.

"Who was that?" Elfred asked, looking up curiously.

"It was Isabelle Lightwood. She says that no one can find Magnus or Alec." Buddy sat down beside his lover and snapped up his own cup of coffee.

"And you aren't concerned about this?" Elfred asked, turning Buddy around to face him.

"It's Magnus we're talking about here. I know that he can take care of himself." Buddy took a sip of the dark, caffeinated liquid and sighed. "The Lightwood girl wants us to go over to Magnus's flat and sent him a fire message." Buddy then sat in silence, looking up when he felt a change in Elfred's mood. He and the fae had been together for a long while, and ever since they had met Buddy had always had an emotional connection with Elfred. "What is it, love?" He asked, putting a reassuring hand on the scarlet-haired man's shoulder.

"Who did Magnus and Alec tell of Magnus's pregnancy?" Elfred asked, avoiding his husband's gaze.

"Alec's family." Buddy replied.

"I meant list me the people that they told." Elfred corrected.

"They told Alec's sister Isabelle, his brother Jace, his brother's girlfriend Clary, his parents, and his aunt." Buddy listed.

Elfred sat for a moment, deep in thought, until he turned to look at Buddy in the eyes. Buddy almost gasped at the raw emotions that his eyes displayed, it was like Elfred was re-living a painful memory. "Can we arrange to meet with these people if Magnus and Alec don't show up today?" He asked.