Chapter 11: Releases and Revelations

The fae in the hall heard the warlock's tormented screams, but they bowed their heads and kept on walking. Most of them did not know why the warlock was in their prison, and those who did were not exactly campaigning for the idea. The fae were a mischievous and generally cold-hearted race, but they did not understand why their queen was torturing the warlock for being pregnant.

Fykien heard the cries and felt as if he had been hit in the gut. He knew that it was his fault that Magnus Bane was in pain, but he could not defy his queen's orders. He heard the desperate pleas and calls for help from Bane's lover, and concentrated on blocking them out. He felt sorry for the young Shadowhunter, but there was nothing he could do for him. No, that was a lie. He could at least explain to the Nephilim boy what was going on, instead of leave him in the dark, but that might be looked upon as defying his orders.

"Fine" He muttered under his breath, and started off down the hall in the direction of their cells. He had almost reached them when the screams of agony stopped, and the sobs and begging started from the Shadowhunter. He looked through the bars on the door to the Shadowhunter's cell, and took a deep breath.

As he entered the room, he was surprised to see the Nephilim boy whip his head around and come at him threateningly. "What the hell did you do to him?" He yelled, grabbing the fae by the caller of his tunic (faes wear tunics...right?), and brought his tear-streaked face uncomfortably close to his own.

Fykien shoved the Shadowhunter off of him, and backed away. "He will be fine, you need not worry."

"What was in that needle?" The Shadowhunter asked, glancing back at Magnus through the small window.

"Something to make the baby develop faster, as I said." Fykien leant against the wall.

" And why did that cause him to...why did it put him in pain?"

"The liquid in that needle will make the child develop twice as fast, so it must take some strength and power from its barer. I don't think he will be like that for long that was just the jump-start of the fast development."

"And is he alright now?" Alec asked worriedly.

"He must have passed out from the pain. I'm sure he will be fine." Alec leant his forehead against the bars and ignored the fae. The two stood there for a moment, before two other fae entered the cell.

"The Seelie Queen wishes to see Alexander." Alec turned from the window and studied the smaller fae who had spoken.

"Why?" He asked, not moving.

"You are to be let free." Replied the fae, stepping forwards and grabbing Alec.

It took a moment for Alec to react, and when he did it was not pretty. "No! You can't take me away from him! Please, please don't..." Alec struggled frantically against the two, but they were stronger than him. He looked desperately to Fykien, his eyes pleading the fae to do something.

"I'll give him a message. I am afraid that is all I can do." Fykien said calmly.

"T-tell him I love him a-and our child, and that I will come back for him."

MALEC MALEC MALEC MALEC MALEC MALEC MALEC MALEC MALEC MALEC MALEC MALEC.

Isabelle, Maryse, Robert and Buddy all waited impatiently in front of the Seelie Queen. When Maryse Lightwood had found out about her son's captors, she had come at the Queen with all she had, and had eventually persuaded her to hand over her son. She realized that the main goal was to get Magnus and the baby out, but she thought that with the information from her son, she could come up with a plan to save the warlock.

At last the large doors beside them opened and a very defeated-looking Alec was dragged through. Alec didn't look at them, only glared at the Seelie Queen.

"Don't hurt him any more than you already have; he doesn't deserve it." Alec hissed, still glaring threateningly.

"Magnus Bane's fate is in my hands, I shall do with it what I please." She said with a superior smirk. "Take him away now." She said, dismissing the Lightwoods and Buddy.

Maryse and Isabelle both looked as if they wanted to argue, but kept their mouths shut. Alec reluctantly let himself be lead out by his family, and he still avoided their gaze. Once they were out of the Seelie Queen's realm, they all turned to Alec.

"What happened in there, Alec?" Buddy asked, and listened as Alec told his tale. Buddy left soon after it was told, and went home to his husband to retell it to him. Elfred only nodded, and Buddy knew that he was keeping something from him. Buddy did not push him to tell, however, because he had a secret of his own.

MALEC MALEC MALEC MALEC MALEC MALEC MALEC MALEC MALEC MALEC MALEC MALEC.

Magnus awoke on the small, hard, mattress in his cell with a sore back, and a sore throat. It had been a while since Alec had been set free, and his stomach was considerably larger than it was then, hence the sore back. He knew it couldn't be very long until the baby arrived, and was starting to panic about it.

His throat hurt for an entirely different reason. Every night since Alec's release, he had cried himself to sleep. Oh, how he missed the shy, beautiful Shadowhunter. His absence was almost unbearable. He hoped that Alec would keep his promise that had been passed down to him in Fykien's words. He hoped dearly that Alec would return before it was too late.

The door to his cell clanged open and the room filled with many fae gaurds. He allowed himself to be dragged off of his bed and down the hall to the Seelie Court. He knew that this was coming; he had heard whispers outside of his cell. It was some important meeting with the Seelie Queen that many people were attending.

He was led up to the floor in front of the Queen's throne, and pushed onto his knees.

"Magnus Bane. 'Tis a pleasure to see you again." Magnus looked up at the red-haired fae with an unreadable expression. The Queen got off of her throne and knelt down in front of him. She closed her eyes, but opened them just as quickly. She smiled a crooked smile, and turned to the audience of fae. "My dear people. This warlock before you holds the key to a brighter future for us." She said dramatically, gesturing to Magnus. "The key comes in the form of a baby. A child that will help us bring down the allegiance of the other three Downworld raced. This child will be welcomed into the world very, very soon." She turned to Magnus, and looked down on him with a smirk. "I can also sense that this child is a boy

To be continued...