Chapter 9:The Royal Bad Word

Alec regained consciousness and the first thing he was aware of was his face pressed to a cold surface and his arms tied in an uncomfortable position behind his back. He raised his head off of the ground, opening his eyes slowly and trying to make sense of the blurry images that were slowly clearing. Magnus? The first thing he saw was his boyfriend, held between two other people. As his eyesight became clearer, he could identify them as fae. He raised his head a little more, and saw that Magnus was standing in front of a beautiful fae with long scarlet hair and cold eyes.

All at once his hearing returned and a wave of many sounds hit his ears. He could identify Magnus's voice, and he sounded scared. He was asking for something...to be let go? Where were they? He couldn't remember how they had gotten here. They had been heading home, and that was all he could remember. Did they ever get home? Well, if they did, they weren't there anymore.

"You'll be let go after you've given us what we want." The red-haired fae was speaking.

"No, you can't, please!" Alec looked to his boyfriend who was being pulled away by the two fae on either side of him. He looked so desperate, and was struggling against them.

"Well, I'd never thought that I'd hear the magnificent Magnus Bane beg." She said, and Alec could basically hear the smirk in her voice.

"M-Magnus..." He choked out, struggling feebly against the rope around his wrists.

"What's this? The Shadowhunter is awake." The woman asked, ignoring the still frantic Magnus.

"Let...let us g-go..." He said, trying to roll over and face her, but finding a foot placed firmly against his back, holding him down. He heard Magnus's pleas be silenced, and started to panic. "Please! What do you want with us?" He heard her cackling from across the room.

"I want very little from you, actually. It's your lover and child that I want." Alec became more confused. What would she want with them?

"I don't...I don't understand...Why are you doing this to us?" Alec was starting to become frustrated at what little knowledge he had of what was going on.

"Don't you get it? Your boyfriend is actually carrying a half-warlock half-Shadowhunter child. I don't mean to brag, but once I have it, I can do so much to corrupt this stupid little agreement among the Shadowhunters and the Downworlders." Alec shook his head in disbelief, which was actually really hard to do when it was pressed to the floor.

"But the fae are in the agreement...and you can't have lied about it..."

"I didn't lie. I agreed to be at peace with all of the other races and to respect each other as equals. After all, it won't be I who is corrupting this agreement, it will be this child." Alec was furious. He would not let this bitch turn Magnus and his child into some sort of weapon.

"You will never have it! We will never give you our child." He tried to sound threatening, and confident...but he was tied up and lying on the cold floor with people holding him down.

"Who said anything about giving it to me? Your precious little warlock will remain here until he gives birth to it. After that you are both free to go. It's a win-win situation here."

"No! I won't-" He felt sharp stinging on the back of his neck, and after a moment everything faded quickly into darkness.

The Seelie Queen sighed and sat back in her throne. There was just so much yelling. Now that the Nephilim boy was unconscious, she could finally breathe.

She couldn't believe her luck that that Lightwood woman had betrayed her own family and given her the exact opportunity she had been looking for. She would finally have all that she desired. And she would knock that obnoxious idiot Bane down a peg or two. He had helped the fae many times in the past, and his confident smirk and I'm-better-than-this attitude always annoyed her. Now by taking his child, she would have control over the whole of the Downworld once it helped her cause the races to turn against each other. The thing she found amazing was that it was not only his child, but the child he bore. In her many centuries of living, she had never come across anything like his situation before. Warlock reproduction, and warlock reproduction with two men at that. It was remarkable in an almost disturbing way.

If she were capable of emotions, she would probably be feeling guilty for turning this miracle into a disaster for them...but she wasn't. She knew what it was like to lose a child, but she felt no sympathy for them.

Magnus was pushed into a small cell and the metal bars clanged shut behind him. He stumbled and collapsed onto one of the two beds in the cell. Magnus watched the two fae leave before curling up and sobbing heavily. He had had many dealings in the past with the fae, but never before had he saw them in such a cruel light. They were truly and utterly heartless.

He had almost forgotten, spending his time with Elfred, that Elfred was completely different form the rest of his kind. Elfred had a heart, he had feelings, he was one of the most passionate people Magnus knew; he was like a new generation of fae. Magnus had a theory, once upon a time, that it was Buddy that changed him. When Elfred had first become an exile, he had been very solemn and stone-faced, but after a while he started to open up and act like a person.

Maybe the secret was to be loved. The Seelie Queen had never known love. She was feared and respected, and that was it. Magnus had never known exactly how heart-less she was, until now, when she was willing to take someone's child from them, and not seem to care. He used to respect her, used to think of her as a very respectable Queen. Now, he realized what she really was: a royal bitch.

To be continued...