two

•some parts of this chapter could be mildly triggering•

stanley shot up in his bed, sweating, panicking. he looked around him, realizing that his dream wasn't far off from reality.

in this dream, he met a boy in the hospital. he fell for the boy, but the boy left, leaving him stuck without him. it was set in the same hospital, but he knew it wasn't realistic. he couldn't fall for a boy, and he definitely wasn't at the moment.

as he calmed down, someone knocked on his door, opening without a response.

"hi stanley, your doctor would like to see you. i'll show you where to go after you get dressed."

the nurse shut his door, leaving him to get ready.

stanley rubbed his eyes, standing and pulling out a pair of blue sweat pants and a black sweat shirt from the clothing his mother had brought him the night before, changing and pulling the blue hospital socks onto his feet.

he walked out of the door, the nurse leading him to a chair in front of a long hallway filled with doors.

"you can sit here and wait for your doctor, he should be out in a few minutes." the nurse said, leaving him.

he looked around at the walls surrounding him, all tan and white. he looked up at the clock to the left, reading 6:32. it was way too fucking early for his liking.

after a few minutes, a tall, lanky man with white hair and wrinkles surrounding his eyes walked out with a very annoyed and tired looking richie.

richie made his way back to his room as the doctor opened his door for stanley, gesturing for him to follow him in.

"you can sit there." he said, pointing to a chair in front of his desk.

stanley complied, waiting for the doctor to start speaking.

"i'm dr. boyde. i'll be managing your medications, diagnosis, and helping your therapist with your treatment plan."

stanley forced a smile onto his face, nodding and greeting him.

"after your answers yesterday, i think we're going to diagnose you with obsessive compulsive disorder. i'd also like to put you on a stronger anxiety medication, if that's okay with you and your parents. i've tried to get ahold of them, but your father hasn't answered. your mother tried to get back to me, but i haven't had time to call back."

he nodded, not exactly sure how to respond.

"how has your sleeping been?"

"it's been okay."

"no waking up, nightmares, or trouble sleeping?"

he thought back to his dream last night, which wasn't exactly a nightmare, but bill leaving wasn't something he- he cut his thoughts off. he insisted that wasn't who the dream about. it was just a stupid dream, and he'd never fall for a boy.

"no."

"how has your mood been, before and after the attempt?"

he was silent, trying to figure out how to respond.

"before, i was just numb. in the hospital, all of it hit me and i was just sad. i've been numb again since."

"is it easy to brighten your mood?"

"not really. not like it used to be."

"are you tired often?"

"sometimes, yes."

"is it hard to get out of bed?"

"i do dread it sometimes, but i do it anyways because i have to stick to my schedule."