seven

stanley opened his eyes, wincing after his arm hit the wall.

"sh-shit stanley, i'm so s-s-s-sorry. are y-you crazy? we're gonna g-get in trouble." bill whisper-yelled, looking down at the flannel and note placed neatly on his bed. his face turned a deep shade of red.

this made stanley smile, bill not realizing he was still holding him against the wall.

bill turned, looking into stanley's eyes, his grip softening, yet still holding him up.

without thinking, stanley finished what bill started earlier.

he closed the gap between them, kissing him hard, bringing his hands up to cup his cheeks.

bill froze, before pulling his arms up and folding his hands behind stanley's neck.

they kissed for what felt like forever, before pulling apart, their foreheads resting on each other's.

"you're so beautiful." stanley whispered to bill this time.

"g-guess i don't have t-to do richies laundry a-anymore." he responded, quietly, smiling. "i'm going t-to walk out that d-d-door and into my b-bathroom. count to f-five. if i'm not back, h-hurry to your room."

stanley nodded, still very surprised.

he stood behind the door as bill opened it, beginning to count.

one.

two.

he felt the pace of his heart picking up with each number.

three.

oh my god.

four.

fuck.

five.

he turned, walking out of bills room, letting go of the breath he was holding.

he was very quick to draw it back in and stop in his tracks after he made eye contact with richie.

a smirk came to richies face as he winked.

"can't believe i wasn't the one walking out of eddies room like that." he spoke in quiet surprise.

stanley began to smirk too, nodding toward his friend before entering his own room.

after shutting the door and sitting on his bed, he broke out into a smile.

he brought his fingers up to his lips, realizing bills had just been there, his heart speeding up.

he shut his light off, laying down and drifting off to sleep.

bill, in the bathroom beside stanley's room, stared at himself in the mirror, smiling. he remembered the feelings of stanley's lips, the taste of peppermint still lingering. bill felt happy.

the next morning, stanley shot up as someone knocked on his door. the sun was just beginning to show through, so it was earlier than usual.

"dr. boyde would like to see you, stanley." a bald man with glasses, black scrubs, and a ginger beard spoke.

stanley nodded, feeling tears come to his eyes as the door closed.

he had the same dream, for the third night in a row, but it got worse every single night.

it felt too real.

the feeling of abandonment stuck with him, even more than it ever had in his past.

he wiped his eyes, standing up and sliding on a black t shirt and grey sweatpants, walking to get his bandages changed, and then sitting in the chair outside of his doctors room.

he looked up at the clock, reading 6:08 am. way too fucking early.

rather than stanley waiting for dr. boyde to come out with another patient, the older man walked out alone. stanley was his first patient of the day.

"hello, stanley." he said. "you know where to sit." he said, sounding regretful.

"stanley, i'm going to go ahead and change you to a level one." he said, carefully analyzing every word.

the way the doctor was talking made stanley anxious, feeling as if he did something wrong.

"i'm going to leave you without questions today, but i need to share some news with you."

stanley nodded, signaling for the man to continue speaking.

"your mother and father have decided to put you up for adoption." he paused as stans face dropped. "we'll be looking for a group home, but there's a small chance that they'll take someone with scars. they always refrain from anything that could trigger other residents. you also have the chance of being adopted, but not many kids are adopted right out of this hospital." he spoke, his words laced with empathy.

stanley couldn't sit in this room anymore. he couldn't breathe. he didn't want to continue speaking to the doctor. he didn't want the pity. the thoughts started rushing back.

stanley stood up, running out of the room and into the adolescent hallway, straight into his room.

he knew his mother wouldn't do that. she couldn't, could she?

he sobbed and began shaking, unaware of how loud his sobs were. he didn't want to be here.

bill heard his sobs, jumping up and running out of his door. he ran to stanley's door, but the staff stopped him before he could open it.

"you cannot go into other patients rooms, william." ms. caroline spoke.

bill started crying himself.

"you don't get it! he's not okay!"

bill didn't even know what was wrong, but because of the morning before, the sobs he heard escaping the boys room were breaking him.

the nurse had to hold him back so he couldn't open the door.

bill ripped himself out of the nurses arms, walking to his room and slamming the door. he did not leave when he was told his doctor wanted to see him. he didn't leave until group started, hoping he'd see stan.

when he entered the room, stanley wasn't in his usual spot.

he sat down, looking around the room for him. his eyes landed on stanley, who was sitting at the table in the front, beside ms. caroline.

he made eye contact with him, before stanley looked away.

stanley was silent throughout the whole group, never making eye contact with anyone.

he stayed upstairs during lunch, not eating and continuing to stay silent.

he spent the rest of the groups in his room, only leaving to spend his dinner in the day room again.

he expected to spend his dinner in silence too, but what he saw as he entered surprised him.

//

she was a little dramatic

instagram:
babyuris

tumblr:
babyuris