fifteen

stanley felt his heart shatter, and it never glued itself back together.

he didn't know what would happen if he lost bill, and he was about to figure that out. he didn't want to go back to the way everything was, and he was afraid he'd end up in the same position as he was in a week and a half before. bill was the only person who could make him feel so happy, and he knew he would be lost without that.

he was stuck in these thoughts while waiting for bill in the laundry room, and wasn't pulled out of them until the door opened, bill making his way in.

"hey st-stanley, i have t-to tell y-you something." bill said, carefully analyzing each word.

"yes?" stanley asked, knowing what was coming but trying to deny it.

"th-the group home, they d-decided t-t-to take m-me. i'm leaving t-tomorrow, after d-dinner." bill's eyes began to tear up, and he tried his best to hide it from stanley.

stanley was a few steps ahead of him, though, as the tears began pouring uncontrollably.

"y-you can't leave me here!" stanley sobbed into bill's chest.

bill began crying too, as didn't have the heart to leave the boy either. he knew he couldn't.

he wrapped his arms around stanley, running his hands through his curls.

"it'll b-be okay, i p-promise." bill said, although he knew he wouldn't be.

he continued to hold stanley, who was now unable to stop crying. he had never connected with someone the way he did with bill, and he didn't understand why, but he felt everything fall apart when bill told him this.

stanley wanted to be with bill, but he knew the group homes wouldn't take him because of his scars. he knew no one would adopt him out of the hospital. he knew he would never leave because no one would want him.

"st-stanley, i n-need you to promise me th-that you'll be o-okay. go to g-groups. you'll leave s-soon."

bill held the boy up, hugging him and trying to quiet his sobs.

bill then felt his mood shift, his thoughts going with it.

"st-stanley look at me."

bill pulled to boys face up towards him.

"we're not going to be upset about it like this. we'll find each other, and we're both going to try as hard as we can to be okay. got it?"

stanley let out another sob, to which bill pulled him back into his arms.

"got it, st-stanley?"

stanley pulled away from bill, nodding.

they both knew they wouldn't exactly be okay without each other, but they knew they could try. stanley wasn't exactly as strong as bill was, at least he didn't think he was, and he couldn't carry himself the way he could.

he knew he wasn't going to be able to hold on without bill.

"got it."

bill connected his lips with stanleys, too engulfed in the moment to hear the door creak open.

//

this one got really emo because i was feeling it too much, oops

instagram:
babyuris

tumblr:
babyuris