twelve

*TW, homophobia & homophobic slurs, i also wrote this at like 4 am so it probably sucks*

"stanley?"

he stopped in his tracks, turning to the direction of the voice, holding his breath.

"what do we have here? is stanley uris, the rabbis son, a faggot?"

...

it had only been a few minutes, but bill couldn't wait any longer.

he pulled the paper out of his pocket while standing in front of the bathroom mirror.

his face lit up as he saw what was on the paper, growing even more fond of stanley, if that was possible.

it was a drawing of a bird; he wouldn't have been sure of what it was if stanley hadn't labeled it.

"this is probably the softest, most cliche thing i've ever done, but although we've only known each other a short time, i know you're all i've ever wanted. that's the only thing i've ever been certain of, i was just too afraid to show it. will you be mine?"

bill felt his heart pick up its pace, feeling pure admiration for this boy.

he let his thoughts wander, happiness flowing through him. at least, that was until he heard it. until he heard the screams coming from the hallway.

"bill!" he heard stanley yell, his voice cracking.

"shut the fuck up!"

adrenaline pumped through bills veins as he shoved the paper in his pocket, pushing the door open.

his breath hitched and his eyes widened at what was happening in front of him.

henry was sitting on top of stanley, punching him relentlessly. stanley began choking on his sobs, unable to yell anymore.

bill felt as if his heart stopped. this probably wouldn't have happened if he didn't let stanley into his room. he was glad that it happened, but he couldn't stop blaming himself for it, as he had always done with georgie. it's always his fault. he felt tears come to his eyes before snapping back into reality.

"s-someone help!" bill yelled, running to the day room.

the tears slid down his cheeks as he shoved the door open, everyones attention turning to him.

"ms. ellen, st-stanley and henry, y-you have to help!" he choked out.

"what's going on?" she asked, making her way out into the hallway.

her eyes went wide as well, pulling the transceiver off of the clip on her hip.

"i need emergency assistance in the adolescent unit." she spoke then attempting to pull henry off, unable to.

nurses ran into the adolescent hall, pulling henry off of stanley and leading him out of the hallway.

bill ran over to the boy, helping him up and pulling him into a hug, thanking god that he was okay.

ms. ellen watched, letting it happen after everything with stanley and now this situation. after a few moments, she spoke up.

"no touching, boys. i'm sorry." genuine concern shown on her face.

they pulled apart, turning to notice the group had watched the whole thing, the boys faces beginning to burn.

"stanley, i need you to come to the nurses station with me."

stanley nodded, following ms. ellen down the hallway, looking back at bill. he knew he probably would've gotten it a lot worse if bill didn't get someone, and he was so thankful for bill.