fourteen

hey guys, i'm again apologizing for not updating often because of everything that's going on, but i think i'm coming close to ending this book and maybe doing a sequel :)

i've also been thinking about doing a character/author ask if anyone would want that, if you'd like to go ahead and comment questions and say who they're for, go for it :) i'm not sure if i would post it as a full chapter or if i would make a chapter for you to comment questions, just let me know what you guys think. i love you all so much, thank you for reading!

-

everything fell apart just as fast as it fixed itself. bill and stanley were the happiest they had ever been, at least that was until last night. they've both been in their rooms all day, all over again, and it's going to take a lot to get them out of this one. maybe we should start at the beginning.

"what's this, bill?" stanley asked, holding the gift that bill had wrapped in one of his flannels.

"j-just open it." bill spoke, a smile spreading across his face.

stanley did as he was told, flustered due to the fact that his boyfriend was so sweet to him.

"bill! how did you get this? you really didn't have to." stanley said, rambling due to the happiness. he was holding a red and black flannel in one hand, and a book titled "ten thousand birds".

he pulled bill into a hug, thanking him as he felt so unbelievably happy again, he felt like he was on top of the world when he was with bill, and that was something he had never experienced before.

"i t-told ms. ellen y-you didn't have anyone t-to bring one in and i-it was getting k-kinda lonely w-w-without your books." bill grew flustered as well.

"you guys really didn't have to do that. thank you so much, bill." he spoke, pulling him into another hug.

they stayed like this for a short time, before pulling apart, fingers laced together.

bill cupped stanleys cheek.

"y-you know, you st-still manage to look a-adorable with cuts all o-over your face." they both blushed. "i'm also really liking y-your hair after showers, like w-wet noodles." he laughed, ruffling the boys hair.

"you're so fucking beautiful." stanley whispered.

he connected their lips for a quick kiss, and then maybe another, before continuing with their laundry.

bill helped stanley with his in a comfortable silence.

the door creaked open, revealing a seemingly anxious ms. ellen.

"bill, your doctor would like to see you." she spoke, her words laced with a mix of what sounded like regret and concern.

bill turned to stanley, confused.

"th-the doctors are n-never here after d-dinner." bill felt the nervousness bubbling inside of him.

"it's sort of an emergency, it could be good news though!" she said, trying to be positive although she seemed to be concerned.

"i'll see you in the day room when you get back, bill. also, thank you so much for the book ms. ellen. you really didn't have to." stanley spoke, coming out very nervous as he tried to calm his nerves.

"i was glad to do it, stanley. i hope you enjoy it." she spoke, leading bill out of the room.

stanley carefully switched bills clothes over to the dryer, then carrying his clean clothes out for him. he was going to set the basket in front of the boys door, but then another idea came to mind.

when he noticed no one was in the hallway, he took the basket into his room, pulling out a recent drawing of his and a crayon.

he labeled it, "key west quail dove", then signing his name at the bottom.

"you'll never know how truly thankful i am for you." he wrote in the top corner.

he folded the paper, then folding it into the middle of one of the shirts, placing it back into the basket.

he carried the basket out of his room, sitting it in front of the boys door and leaving for the day room.

he waited and waited for bill, zoning in and out of listening to the groups conversation.

"no, but really, the moon landing is fake." richie said, exaggerating the 'is'. "show me proof that it's real."

"richie, i love you and all, but you're dumb." eddie spoke, annoyed.

"yeah, i hate you but you're cute."

"stop flirting before someone notices. you do sound a little dumb though, rich. i mean come on." mike spoke up.

"maybe you should start flirting, mike. you and el won't have much time before you leave, just like most of us. besides, i believe richie." dustin joined in.

stanley looked up, confused by dustins words. he figured he either needed to correct his grammar or he really thought that them flirting had something to do with richies conspiracy theory. it usually really bothered stanley when someone didn't use correct grammar, but he let it slide as he became even more worried about bill.

after a few more minutes of completely zoning out of the conversation, he heard footsteps coming towards him, and the frail boy took the seat beside him.

stanley looked up to find bill, who had a mix of worried, sad, and so many other emotions he couldn't identify spread on his face.

"what happened, bill?"

"apparently th-there's a new g-group home t-taking tons of k-kids, i'm one of their t-top picks. it's almost d-definite."

//

instagram:
babyuris

tumblr:
babyuris