2. Stay

The young man's eyes widened at the sight of the gun. He gulped, slowly raising his trembling hands in the air as he took a step backwards. "I-"

"I said don't move!" Louis raised his voice, approaching him more closely.

"I-I'm sorry I-" He shook his head violently, unsure of what to do with himself.

Louis cupped the weapon more tightly in his sweaty hands as he stared intently at the young man.

"W-What do you want?" The young man stuttered, hands still out in front of him.

Louis stayed quiet, pondering everything in his mind.

"I- Um.." The young man began. "I-I don't have much but you can take whatever you want.. Just take it and g-"

"Stop." Louis interrupted him, shaking his head. He let out a large sigh before continuing. "I'm afraid I just can't do that."

The young man's eyes widened at his response. "W-Why not?"

"I need to stay here for the night." He paused. "The cops are after me.. I need a place to hide."

The young man looked around nervously, waiting for Louis to make a move.

"Have a seat." Louis said, motioning his gun toward the couch. "It's gonna be a long night."

The curly-headed boy nodded, slowly walking over to the couch. He kept eye contact with the criminal as he timidly sat down.

Louis sighed loudly, watching him as he sat down.

He lowered his gun slightly, throwing his face in his hands and pacing around the living room.

"Okay.. Calm down." Louis whispered to himself as he paced back and fourth. "What have I gotten myself into?"

The young man looked up at the criminal as he mumbled to himself, making him more uneasy.

Louis stopped pacing. He looked down at the terrified young man below him.

"What's your name?" He asked, abruptly.

He gulped. "H-Harry.."

"Harry.." Louis repeated. "Ok, Harry.. Here's the deal.. I'm in charge now. You do what I say, when I say it."

He leaned in as he spoke.

"Got it?"

Harry nodded. "Yes.. I-I understand."

"I will not hesitate to hurt you if you disobey me." Louis poked his chest. "And don't even think about testing my patience because trust me.. I've got nothing to lose."

Harry's eyes began to brim with tears. "Ok.. I won't I-"

"Good!" Louis shouted. "I'm glad we're on the same page then."

Harry let out a sigh of relief as the criminal backed away from him.

"Where's your phone and wallet?" Louis asked.

"It's in my pocket." Harry held his hands up. "C-Can I reach for it?"

Louis pondered. "Better let me do it."

Harry nodded, watching the criminal approach him closer.

Louis crouched down to where he was sat. "Which pocket?"

"T-The right one.." Harry gulped.

Louis reached his hand into the boy's pocket, causing Harry to blush as he rummaged through it.

The criminal pulled out his phone and wallet.

"Is this all you have?" Louis stood up, examining the items in his hand.