Chapter 3

(✨Not Edited✨)

❉ Part One❉

We continued to drive for a few more minutes before Blake decided to stop. We drove over a little bridge and stopped both cars. The place we chose was a bit secluded from the actual road. perhaps Blake chose it for privacy.

We all got out of the cars and stretched our bodies. “Your car sucks dude.” Nick complained. I was stretching next to Nick and saw Carly give him a look. Dalton just made some weird noise and headed off to help the guys unpack. Nick, in the other hand, just walked to the front of Wade’s car. “Paige, Nessa come with me.” I headed over towards them leaving Nick behind. As I was passing by Wade a patted him on the shoulder and said, “You seriously need to get a bigger car.” I didn’t even wait for his reply and continued to make my way to the other girls.

Carly grabbed a fold out chair-as did I- and Paige just had her purse. We walked to the front of Blake’s truck to talk in private. “Well?” Carly asked expectedly. “I couldn’t. There’s no point in freaking him out right now.” Paige replied. “As opposed to when you find out you are pregnant?”

“She has a point Paige. It’s safer to do it now and not later.That way he has time to wrap his mind around it, if you really are.” I tried to reason with her.

“Guys, I’m not sure, okay? He’s been looking forward to this game for months.” Paige said,” I don’t wanna ruin it by starting a fight.”

I was opening the bag that held the chair  when Carly’s next words caught my attention. “Paige, he’s not going to marry you.” Okay that was harsh. “ What Carly, means is that we all know how his parents are.They won’t approve.” I gave Carly a look. “Who says I want to get married. Besides, I’ve been late before.” That was true the first time it happened she was freaking out.”When I know for sure I’ll talk to him, okay?” I guess that was fair enough and it was her decision not ours.

All us girl then decided to sit down and just talk while the guys finished getting the things out of the cars. Well, all of them except, Nick. He had decided to go sit down by himself. He was by the cooler with a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other. “Yeah, don’t help us or nothing.” Dalton said to Nick. Nick just continued with his cigarette and beer. I just shook my head and turned to the girls.

Once the guys were done getting everything done, Blake took out a football. They began to play a little game. It seemed like they were having a good time. “Pass it! Pass it!” Blake and Wade then, began to throw it back and forth while Dalton tried to intercept it.”You don’t wanna...too slow, too slow!” Blake threw the football at Wade who missed it and it went over him. He was about to say touchdown when he saw it landed by Nick’s feet. Wade out stretched his arm for Nick to pass the ball back. Nick just sat there and didn’t move. I knew something was going to happen so I looked at Carly and we both stood up.

Wade walked over after seeing that Nick, wasn’t going to do anything. Right before Wade reached for the ball, Nick threw his cigarette away and grabbed the ball throwing it at Blake with force.

“Nice arm. I see why they gave you a scholarship.” Wade said to Nick who bend down to grab his beer.”Yeah, it’s a real tragedy, ain’t it?”

“Yeah, it is.” Wade said walking a little towards Nick.

Me and carly then decided to go to them before it got serious. I went up to Nick and grabbed his free hand trying to pull him back towards the chair.” Come on, Nick. Let’s go sit.” He ignored me and just looked at Carly and Wade.” Wade. Help Dalton, okay?” She said to him. Wade then walked away.

“Bye Wade.” Nick told him. You could faintly hear Wade call Nick an ‘asshole’. Carly then turned to us and looked at Nick. I knew what was coming-another argument- and I did not want to get between them. That’s why whenever they had their moments like these I just stood back. I sat down on Nick’s chair, but not before grabbing the beer bottle out of his hand.Then it began.