Chapter 10

Epilogue

It’s been two months since the events of that tragic weekend happened. Carly, Nick and I became the big talk of many news channels. They called us ‘The Lucky Three of Ambrose’,.....wish I could say the same about our friends, though. It eventually died down and we didn’t have to worry about the media. Those events brought us all close, more than we could have ever imagined. Nick and Carly’s relationship was once again how it was before, no more fighting or ignoring each other. Now, they share this bond that no one could break, well, I guess all three of us do. Nick and his parents began to talk again, it may not be great, but it’s still something.

As for me, well I’m good. Still going through life, enjoying every second of it. Because if I learned something from this experience, it was that we may never know when tragedy might hit. Nick and I are still together. We recently bought a house in Northern-Florida because we needed more space and our little apartment wouldn’t do.

A week after the events, I found out I was pregnant, about a month along. I guess Paige might not have been the only one. I still get sad thinking about her. What if she really was pregnant?

Anyways, I didn’t really know I was, due to the facts that I didn’t really start getting the symptoms until 2 weeks later. Nick was happy when I told him the news. He also began crying, when I asked why he was crying, he just hugged me and told me that he couldn’t think of what he would have done if he had lost me, especially now that I was pregnant. We both cried that day.

A couple of days after the incident, we held the funerals for Wade, Dalton, Paige, and Blake. It was hard seeing their families so heart broken and crying. None the less, it was a very beautiful ceremony in memory of our friends. I just wish we would have all gone out of it alive and not have to go through that.

After that, Carly eventually ended taking the internship offer and moved to New York. I’m really glad she took the offer, it has helped her take her mind of things, which is really good. She stays in contact with us as much as she could, or we just go visit.

You’re probably wondering what we ended up doing with Dalton’s camera, huh? Well, we haven’t done anything with it. Nick keeps it safely hidden. We haven’t found the courage to look at it. It’s still too soon to look at any of the videos of the day we lost our friends. Plus, Nick feels that our little messing around and what not that Dalton recorded, might not be the only thing in the camera. That makes it a lot more difficult to consider looking at. Maybe one day we will see it, but until that day comes, it will be kept as it is.

Now what is left to do, is keep moving on with our lives and keep the good memories of our friends with us. Because through those memories, is how we move on and live. Not just for us, but for them as well.

                                                                        THE END