Chapter 7

( ◊ Not Edited ◊ )

Nick followed Carly out of the station and down the street, after she remembered something. Carly was still cradling her injured hand as they walked up to a house with a nice little wooden fence around it. Nick just followed his sister, wondering what she was talking about. Though, in the back of his mind he couldn’t stop thinking about Dalton and Vanessa. Vanessa the most. He was really hoping that they were alright and nothing bad happened to any of them.

“There was a woman in here.She was alive. She pulled the curtain back.” Carly told Nick as she walked up to the house and opened the fence.

Nick on the other hand, decided to just jump over it. He stepped on a brick and took a look around before looking through the window. He wasn’t able to see much, all he could see was the tv on, but nothing more. He let out a little scream and jumped back from surprise when an old looking woman with rollers on her hair pulled back the curtain.

Carly then stepped forward and took a look at the woman. She looked at her carefully and realized that she was also wax. “The whole town is rigged.”

“That’s impossible.”Nick said just as the wax lady opened the curtain, once again. “You’re saying that’s a real person……..underneath?” You could hear the fear in Nick’s voice as he asked. The more he thought about it, the more real everything became.

“At the church, they were all like that. At least 20 more.” Carly said.

Nick just kept staring at the window and the wax lady in it with fear. He turned to his sister and didn’t know what to say. He was worried for his best friend, but he was scared for Vanessa, his girlfriend of almost four years.  Thinking about her made him freak out a little.

“Shit, Carly. We need to find them. If this shit is true, I need to find her. I can’t lose her, she’s the only good thing that’s happened to me!” Carly could clearly see the effect all this was having on her brother. Yes, he was strong and knew how to handle situations, but knowing that the person he loves could be dead, was just eating at him. Carly now knew how important her best friend was to her brother.

Nick paced back and forth running his hands over his face and hair a few times. He was trying to come up with some sort of plan that will help, and hopefully get his girlfriend back to him safely.

“Nick, we’ll find them. Don’t lose hope.” Carly tried to comfort her twin.

“Yeah. I just hope that when we do find them….it won’t be in wax form.”

●○●◌●○● Vanessa’s POV ●○●◌●○●

Just before the knife came completely down on me, the man washed tackled to the ground by Dalton. Dalton and the man both began to roll on the ground, each wanting the upper hand. I quickly stood up and began calling Dalton, “Dalton!” He was now on top of the man struggling to keep him pinned down.