Chapter 6

( ▸ Not Edited ◂ )

Dalton and I continued to walk up the road. I was still thinking about the argument Nick and I had. I wasn’t mad anymore, I just a little upset with the fact that he didn’t say the truth. Yeah, I know it was to cover up for Dalton, and that was nice of him, but couldn’t he just avoid all the crap going on between him and Carly if he just told her. Now that I think about, he’s right. I can do anything about the fact that he already went to jail for it, but I could convince him to at least talk things out with Carly. When we get back, I’ll tell him.

“Look Nessa, I’m really sorry about what I caused back there with you and Nick. I didn’t mean too.” I was brought out of my thoughts by Dalton’s apology.

“It’s okay, Dalton. It was more the fact that he didn’t say anything. It wasn’t your fault.” I put my arm around him giving him a squeeze to reassure him, before pulling away. “Plus, if he would have said something, then maybe Carly and his parents would stop giving him crap about it. They would have understood that he did it for you.”

“Yeah, but I’m still sorry.” I just nodded giving him a smile.

We walked a little more before Dalton stopped. I saw that he was looking at the house of wax, but then kept glancing up the road. “Maybe, they’re at the wax place. Wade did mention it on our way to the camp.” He agreed with me with a ‘yeah’ and we made our way to the House of Wax.

 We climbed up the steps and could see the door slightly opened.” See, the door’s opened. They probably are in there, come on.” I said as I pushed open the door some more and walked in with Dalton right behind me.

 Dalton began to call out so I decided to join in. “Hello?”

“Carly? Wade? Hello?” We walked around still calling out for them. “This place is creepy.” I told Dalton. The wax figures were all full of dust and they just plain looked scary. Seems like no one has been here for quite some time. “It’s a weird place.” He said touching one of the wax people. “Come on, let’s go over here.”

I followed behind him a little still looking around. He entered some as I stopped to look at some little wax ballerina on the wax counter. “Wade! What the hell are you doing bro? Man, come on everyone’s waiting for you at the campsite.”  Upon hearing this I made my way to where Dalton and Wade where.

I entered the room and saw Wade sitting in front of a piano just staring ahead. “Wade, no time to play. Come on, we got to go. Where’s Carly?” I said. Me and Dalton both looked at eachother when he didn’t respond or say anything back. Dalton then got closer to him calling his name again. He poked Wade’s cheek, but when he did the area he poked sunk in and looked mushy a in a way. He immediately removed his hand away from Wade’s face. “What the hell?” I whispered when I saw what happened.

“Hold tight, man. Hold tight. I’m gonna get you out of this.” Dalton said to Wade who seemed to be moaning from pain. Dalton began to peel Wade’s face revealing his flesh. “ Oh my god, Dalton! Stop!” I said when I saw a tear come out from Wade’s face.

I looked at Wade and saw him move his eyes from side to side. I was confused as to what he was doing. Then out of nowhere a knife comes down slicing Wade’s cheek off. Both Dalton and I jump back and I scream at what just happend. We look up to see a man with long hair standing there with a knife in one hand. It looked like he had some sort of mask on. Dalton grabbed my hand and we began to run away from the man. “Come on, Nessa!”

We ran into the dining room and I let go of Dalton hand to throw the chairs, to try and slow down the guy. Dalton saw what I was doing and began to throw other things as well. Dalton ran into the kitchen with me following behind him and the man following behind be, kicking the things out of the way. Before I made it inside the kitchen where Dalton was, I tripped and landed hard on the floor. I turned around to see the guy coming towards me. Where the hell was Dalton?!  I was too scared to even move so I just laid there propped up on my hands. The guy got closer and closer, the closer he got the more he lifted up his knife. I began to breath heavy, then he stood right in front of me. He brought his knife up some more and then brought it down at at me. I screamed and put my hands to cover myself as the knife got closer……...