Chapter Three: Already Gone

Disclaimer: I don't own anything aside from the plot. Characters are created by the brilliant J.K Rowling. Harry Potter A/U Fanfiction. Enjoy! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hermione apparated outside her house with a loud crack. She briskly walked towards her door, but halted her steps when she felt her wards shift. She closed her eyes for a couple of seconds before she let out a relieved breath, "I know you're there Harry," she said.

Harry stepped out into plain view and smiled, "How did you know it was me?" he asked.

Hermione threw him an incredulous look, "Wards, I have plenty of them."

"You left the hospital without waiting for us, we've been looking all over for you," Harry said.

"You were there?" Hermione asked as she scratched the back of her neck, one of her nervous gestures.

Harry folded his arms on top of his chest, "Of course I was there. Ginny sent me a patronus after she took you to St. Mungos."

"Oh Merlin! Ginny! I forgot about her!" she stammered.

"You forgot about her alright," Harry drawled. "You almost scared her to death when you keeled over, the poor woman was in hysterics."

Hermione lowered her gaze, "I - I was just feeling under the weather Harry, if you see Gin, please tell her not to worry about me," she said.

Harry studied her sullen face and sighed, "What really happened Mione? We just had lunch and you were fine, so please, don't lie to me."

Hermione felt her tearducts heating up again, so she opted to turn around and walked towards the door to hide her face. "Do you want to come in?" she asked as she unlocked the door.

"Yes, we need to talk."

Hermione entered her house and made bee line towards the couch. She flicked her wand again to turn the lights on before she sat down unceremoniously, "Please sit down," she said.

Harry followed and slumped beside her.

Hermione leaned her head back and closed her eyes.

Harry waited for Hermione to speak, but was only met with silence. He turned his head towards her and saw that her eyes were closed. He let out an audible and sat straight, he was about to stand up to leave when he heard her mumble. "Did you say something?"

"He's having an affair," Hermione blurted out, her eyes still shut.

Harry's body stiffened.

Hermione opened her eyes and let her face fall to the side to stare at Harry, "I came to your office this afternoon to surprise him, but I guess I was the one who got a surprise," she said bitterly.

Harry's demeanor instantly changed, his anger more palpable in the air. "Did you see them?" he asked.

Hermione averted her teary gaze, "No, but I heard him talking with her."

"What exactly did you hear?" Harry asked with clenched fists.

Tears started falling down Hermione's cheeks, humiliation and anger swirling inside her chest. "He - he went to see her the night he told me that he had to go back to your office," she choked out. She then wiped her cheeks angrily and stood up from her perch, "They've been at it for Merlin knows how long and I'm so stupid not to see it. He made a fool out of me Harry - for the second time!" she said hysterically while pacing back and forth.