Chapter Six: Don't speak

Disclaimer: I don't own anything aside from the plot. Characters are created by the brilliant J.K Rowling. Harry Potter A/U Fanfiction. Enjoy! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ronald"

Ron's head snapped up and fixed his gaze towards the voice; "Dad" he said weakly.

Arthur walked towards his youngest son and sat on the adjacent couch; he studied his bruised face and gestured towards it. "Why didn't you let your Mother heal it?" he asked.

"I deserved it" Ron replied.

Arthur leaned back on his couch; "I will not apologize for hitting you because we both know you earned it" he said.

Ron nodded.

Arthur sighed; "Can you be honest with me?" he asked.

Ron leaned forward and braised his elbows on top of his thighs; "Of course Dad, what do you want to know?" he asked.

"Why did you cheat on Hermione?" Arthur asked upfront.

Ron cringed; he buried his face into his palms, rubbing his face.

Arthur kept silent and waited for his son's response.

Ron groaned and sat straight; "To be honest, I really don't know why. I love Hermione...I love her so much..." he said helplessly.

Arthur furrowed his brows and crossed his legs; "Then why did you do it? How many times?" he asked.

"Do I really have to answer that?" Ron groaned again.

"Yes you do! Answer me truthfully!" Arthur snapped. 

Ron looked away.

"Ronald" Arthur said sternly.

Ron sighed; "Three..." he murmured.

Arthur's eyes widen; "THREE? THREE TIMES??" he roared.

Ron closed his eyes and raised his hands in defence, but blow he anticipated did not come. He peered behind his hands and stared at his Father.

Arthur's fist was closed tightly as he forced himself to calm down; "When did all of this happen? You need to tell me with whom" he said through gritted teeth.

"Dad...I---"

"NO! YOU WILL ANSWER ME BEFORE I LOOSE MY TEMPER AND BEAT YOU AGAIN!" Arthur bellowed.

Ron cowered so he avoided his Father's intense gaze; "The—the first one was with Lavender...it was w--way back in Hogwarts---I didn't cheat per se because...because Hermione and I we're never official..." he trailed off.

"Tell me the most recent...philandering" Arthur said stoically.

Ron swallowed the huge lump in his throat; "The second one was with Millicent Bullstrode...she was---she was helping me find a house that---that Hermione and I can move into after we got married...it happened unexpectedly...we we're drunk and the next thing I know is that I—I woke up in her bed..." he said.

Arthur kept silent.

"The—the last one was completely an accident—it was with Lavender...it was the day that Hermione broke up with me—I was drunk and she was there...it just happened..." Ron said shamefully.

"So you're telling me that all of it started because you were drunk?" Arthur concluded.

Ron avoided his father's gaze and nodded.