Chapter Seven: Strange and Beautiful

Disclaimer: I don't own anything aside from the plot. Characters are created by the brilliant J.K Rowling. Harry Potter A/U Fanfiction. Enjoy! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Malfoy's Beach House – Maldives Island – 5:00 P.M

After a couple minutes of staring at the ocean, Hermione felt that it's time for her to explore her temporary home, so she went back inside. Once she stepped into the threshold again, she began to admire the things that she wasn't able to appreciate when she first arrived; like the large pristine white sofa-bed in the middle of the room with cloud-like pillows, the large flat-screen LED television on the wall and the modernized light fixtures that gives the room an ethereal glow. Gingerly, she moved towards the sofa-bed and sat down; she ran her fingers on top of the cushions and let out a smile when she felt how soft it was. She then turned her gaze towards the other side of the partition of the room, with curiosity peaking, she stood again; she leisurely padded towards the other side and realized that it was the dining area that she stepped into. She marvelled at the exquisitely carved dining table and the fine detailing on each chairs; "Everything seem so fancy here, Merlin!" she said to herself.

Crack!

Hermione immediately snatched her wand from her back pocket and turned towards the sound, with her wand hand raised, she asked; "Who's there?"

"Miss!" A tiny creature yelped.

Hermione furrowed her brows and tried searching for voice; "Show yourself!" she said.

Slowly, a tiny elf appeared behind the other side of the dining table; the creature moved away from it and began to bow. "My name is Didi Mistress, I is here to serve you..."

After lowering her wand, she moved towards the elf and kneeled right in front of it. "Hi Didi, my name is Hermione, it's nice to meet you" she said with a smile.

The elf stared at her with its huge beady eyes; "Mistress is right, you is different" the elf said.

Hermione chuckled; she then furrowed her brows and started thinking. "Are you allowed to tell me who your Mistress is?" she asked.

The elf began playing with the hem of her floral dress; "I is not allowed Ms. Hermione..." the elf replied.

Hermione sighed; "Well...we can't do anything about that..." she said.

The elf straightened itself and stared at her Mistress; "Is Miss hungry? I can fix you something to eat" she offered.

Hermione stood up; she leaned her side on one of the chairs and bit her lower lip. "I'm not hungry, I just had lunch before I left, but, a fruit shake would be lovely" she said.

The elf beamed; "Yes Miss, what fruit does Miss want?"

"What fruit do you have here?"

"We have fresh coconut and mangoes" Didi replied.

Hermione thought for awhile; "I think I'll try the coconut, I haven't tried that yet" she said.

The elf smiled; "I'll make your shake Miss but where is you having it? Do you want to have it in the Lanai? The sun is about to set and you's can watch it there" she offered.

Hermione thought for a couple of seconds; "Yes, I'd like to have it there, but can you point me where the Lanai is? I'm quite lost" she admitted bashfully.

The house elf beamed; "Of course Miss, please follow me"

oOo

Potter Manor - London, England – 1:00 P.M