Chapter Four: Happily never after

Disclaimer: I don't own anything aside from the plot. Characters are created by the brilliant J.K Rowling. Harry Potter A/U Fanfiction. Enjoy! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hermione slammed the empty bottle of fire whiskey on top of her table as she stood up; she clumsily padded towards her kitchen and staggered a bit when her side hit the counter. She cursed as she leaned on it and waited for her world to stop spinning; after a couple of seconds she continued her trek towards her fridge and yanked it open. She leaned forward and began rummaging it; she paused thoughtfully and stood straight. She then leaned in again and plucked a bottle of sparkling lemon water; she twisted its cap and brought the bottle to her lips. She took a couple of mouthfuls, flashing away the bitter taste of the whiskey she drank earlier; she then capped the bottle again and slammed the door shut. She walked towards the counter and pulled out one of the high chairs; she perched herself on top of it and placed her bottled water on top. She then braised her elbows on top of the counter and cradled her heavy head on her open palms; "Crookshanks! Where you?" she slurred.

A bolt of orange fur pounced on top of her coffee table and settled itself on it.

Hermione yawned; "I'm here. Come here kitty cat!" she cooed.

Crookshanks leapt off the table and ran towards her drunken Mistress; the belly dragging feline reached her Mistress's foot and began clawing at her leg, asking for Hermione to lift him up.

Hermione turned towards her cat and began wagging her pointer finger, back and forth; "You boy are so fat that you can't drag yourself up aye?" she slurred. She sighed as she bends down; she picked her cat up and perched it on top of the counter.

Crookshanks sat up and faced his Mistress, staring at her knowingly.

Hermione moved her right hand towards her pet's ear and began scratching it fondly; "You're the only who truly loves me, kitty cat..." she said sadly.

Crookshanks leaned his head towards her Mistress's hand and closed his big yellow eyes.

Hermione smiled; "I love you too kitty cat," she murmured.

Crookshanks sunk down on his tummy and rolled on his back; begging to be petted.

Hermione chuckled at her pet's antics and began rubbing the cat's tummy; she let out a chuckle when the cat started purring. "Was I too hard on him Crook?" she asked seriously.

Crookshank purred loudly.

Hermione sighed.

oOo

"Is Hermione, okay?" 

Harry dusted himself from soot as he stepped out the grate; he took off his coat and padded towards his wife. "I'm not sure" he replied while wrapping his arms around his wife's petite waist.

Astoria snaked his hands around her husband's neck and planted a soft kiss on his lips; "I hope she's okay..." she said.

Harry smiled as he rubbed his nose with hers; "She's a strong woman, I know she'll pull through" he replied.

Astoria giggled with his action as she pulled away; "Are you hungry?" she asked.

"As a matter of fact I am, I'm famished!" Harry replied.

Astoria shook her head and began walking towards their dining room; she snapped her fingers and summoned one of their elves. "Fifi" she called.

A loud crack resounded around the room as a well dressed elf appeared right in front of her Mistress; she curtseyed and beamed at her Mistress. "Fifi is here Mistress, what can I do for you?"