Oh Hey, Is That A Cloud?

"Sire bond?" Damon questioned as I told him about hybrids.

"Yep," I replied as I applied mascara, leaning in close to my mirror. A week had passed since Klaus' hybrids had come into town, and I still wasn't fond of them. They were irritating. "That's what Tyler said anyway. They feel loyal to Klaus because he freed them from their curse or whatever."

"I thought being sired was really rare," Damon frowned.

I glanced at him through the mirror. He was dressed in his usual dark attire, complete with his leather jacket. He was studying the back of a book that I'd left ont top of my chest of drawers.

"Apparently not with hybrids," I shrugged, returning my focus to my eyes. Last time I'd lost concentration whilst putting mascara on, I'd almost stabbed my eye out. "It's weird. It's like they feel compelled to do whatever Klaus tells them. Well, that's how Tyler put it. I wonder why they call it siring..."

"Well, sire basically means being one's 'creator'," Damon explained. "Guess they couldn't think of anything better."

"Who are 'they' anyway?" I asked. "Did a group of people band together and were all like, 'Okay, so here's the deal. We're going to be the ones that name everything, and we shall be called, they. Oh, and who wants coffee? Unfortunately, we've ran out of the things we now call donuts. And yes Jerry, one day someone will invent ice cream.'"

"You do know that whoever 'they' are, probably exsisted when donuts weren't invented, right?" Damon asked with a smirk.

"Maybe they had a time machine," I defended.

Damon looked at me doubtfully and I sighed in defeat.

"These hybrids are becoming a nuisance," Damon commented. "And with them all more than willing to do Klaus' every order, I'm not too keen to have them around."

"Klaus won't do anything," I replied. "I've asked him to tell them to stay out of our way."

"And you're going to take his word for it?"

"Yes. I trust him."

"Why? Was it not just last year that he tried to kill you?" Damon asked.

"Things are different now," I replied. "You know Klaus values family more than anything. And I am family. He even called me his little sister the other day."

"How cute," Damon said sarcastically. "Klaus has a soft side. I don't know if you'd noticed, but he doesn't particularly like me. Who's to say he won't order one of his hybrids to kill me?"

"He won't," I answered. "Klaus knows you're important to me. And he knows I have the power to kill him, if I had to. He wouldn't risk it. And besides, that would probably make me snap and I'd turn evil. That is what you're all afraid of after all."

"Hmm... I think it's kind of hot," Damon smirked. "The thought of you taking over the world."

"Until I kill you," I muttered. "Someone how I don't think it'll be hot then."

"Are you sure you'd be able to?" Damon asked. "You do love me after all. I know how hard it can be to kill someone you love. Well, in my case loved, but the point remains. I mean, I failed in killing Katherine."

"Well, make me snap and we'll find out," I stated with a humorless smile. "I like to believe that I wouldn't, but if what my mother says is true, I'll have no emotion left. Therefore, I'd probably kill you without a seconds thought."

"What makes you think you can kill me?" Damon asked with a playful smile.

"Hmm... let's see," I smirked.