Microwave All Of The Kittens!

*Third Person POV*

Both of the Salvatore brothers sat in the living room of the boarding house. It was a quiet morning, the birds chirping softly outside, the sound of leaves rustling in the light breeze.

Damon had a glass of blood in his hand, standing by the glass double doors and looking outside. He was dreading the council meeting that was arranged for later today. They were always boring. He peered over at his brother, who was reading a book. He liked the new Stefan. Damon had been trying for decades to get Stefan to turn his humanity off, and he finally had. He just didn't like it when Stefan took it too far and went on a ripper binge. He didn't seem to be as reckless now, though. 

Damon looked back out of the windows and took a sip of his drink. For months now, he hadn't been himself. He'd been so... Human. He didn't like it. Damon was a vampire, and a good one at that. He was angry at himself for letting himself get caught up in trying to protect humans. Marni had been right, Elena had been trying to turn him into the old Stefan. He was angry at himself for not noticing, for letting her, them all change him. Why should he care? What they thought didn't matter. 

Damon still didn't know what to think about Elena kissing him. He regretted it imensely, although he hadn't actually kissed her back. His feelings for Marni aside, he wouldn't do that to Stefan. He and Stefan had rough patches, but he would not let a repeat of Katherine happen between them.

His thoughts strayed to last night, how he and Marni had been at that bar. He resisted a smug smile. She'd kissed him back, which meant she was still attracted to him. He knew pressing Marni to admit her feelings would never work, so he decided to not pay any attention to it. If Marni still loved him, then she'd let him know. He'd stop pining over it and go back to his old ways.

Damon was glad that he and Marni were on talking terms. He'd missed her friendship. She was the only person he could actually tolerate without getting annoyed. Even Alaric had his moments.

It was at the moment, when two figures rushed into the room, one chasing the other. Damon quickly picked up on the fact that it was Marni chasing Mia, only because he spotted the necklace Klaus had given Marni. Mia was holding something in her hand, something fluro-pink.

Damon and Stefan looked at each other, both raising eyebrows.

"GIVE IT!" Marni shouted.

"NEVER!" Mia yelled.

"GIVE IT BACK!"

"I WON'T LET YOU DO IT!" Mia cried.

"I WILL URINATE ON YOUR PILLOW!" Marni threatened.

"I WILL EAT YOUR GOLDFISH!" Mia retorted.

They chased each other around the room, until suddenly, Mia grabbed Damon's arms and pulled him in front of her. Damon frowned, annoyed.

"Ha!" Mia said. "You can't get me, I'm behind Damon."

Marni glared. "That is not fair!"

"What's going on?" Stefan asked, wondering the same thing as Damon.

Marni sighed. "Mia stole my pink gloves."

"You can't wear pink, sparkly gloves," Mia blurted out. "It's social suicide."

"They're not that bad," Marni defended.

"We'll let Damon be the judge of that."

"Damon has horrible fashion sense," Marni snorted. 

Damon made a face at her. "Please. I have fantastic style."

Mia held up the pink object, and Damon resisted a shudder. They were fluro pink gloves, covered in sparkles.