The Dinosaur That Leaped Into The Shoe

I crossed my arms and leant against the wall as I watched the scene in front of me. 

Klaus was clearly taken off guard, and he wasn't sure of how to act, as his siblings drew closer.

"You know Nik," Kol stated. "I figure we put this behind us. I mean, we are brothers, after all. And I know how important family is. Which is probably why you daggered me, and locked me in a box."

"You had it coming," Klaus replied.

"I'm sure I did," Kol nodded. He spoke with an English accent, similar to the others. I frowned slightly. He was extremely familiar. I knew his face, but I couldn't place it. 

"And I'm sure Finn did as well," Rebekah continued boredly. "Which is why he's been temporarily dead for the past... how many years now? Nine hundred?"

"You have some explaining to do, Niklaus," Finn stated coldly. I found him rather intimidating. I think it had something to do with the clothes.

"Why should I explain myself to you?" Klaus countered, standing up and looking at them all. "I have nothing to fear from any of you, because last time I checked, I was the hybrid, not you."

"Save the threats, Nik," Rebekah said. "They're useless."

"So that's it?" Klaus asked. "Are you just going to stand here and attempt to make me feel guilty?"

I rolled my eyes. I could see where I got my bad people skills from.

"No," Elijah answered.

"We want an apology," Finn finished.

"An apology?" Klaus repeated.

"Yes. We're willing to let what happened be in the past," Kol stated. "So long as you don't make the same mistake."

"I know you Kol, there's a catch," Klaus assumed. "What is it, I wonder?"

"No catch," Kol replied. "And besides, we all know hard it is for you to give a genuine apology."

"The family drama's getting a bit old, don't you think?" Rebekah asked. "After all, family above all, right Nik?"

Klaus looked at them all for a moment, the hint of a smirk on his face.

"Very well," he agreed. "I apologise. As you know, I have what some would call, a bad temper. I did what I did out of anger, and I deeply regret it. I'm sorry."

None of them looked convinced, but Kol merely shrugged.

"Close enough," he muttered.

"Are you going to tell them how you were the one who killed our mother?" Rebekah asked, tilting her head.

"We already know," Kol announced. 

Rebekah raised an eyebrow. 

"Why do you think he daggered me?" Finn asked.

"I've always had my suspicions," Kol shrugged. "Doesn't mean I like Mikael any better."

"Then you should be happy to know that Mikael's dead," Klaus declared. "Permanently. I saw to it myself."

The others nodded appreciatively.

"Well," I said, speaking for the first time. "This is all well and dandy. Never knew family reunions could be such fun."

Five heads turned to me and I flashed a brilliant smile. I noticed that Kol was frowning.

"Have we met?" he questioned.

"Not that I'm aware of," I replied.

"Finn, Kol, this is Marni," Rebekah announced. 

"Ah, you're that girl," Kol realised.