The Salt In Your Eye Is Beautiful

A smirk formed on my face as I walked down the path. I could hear people in the houses I passed, doing their usual morning routine. Petty little humans. They had no idea how easy it would be to stroll into their homes and kill them. I laughed under my breath. No, to do that I'd need a half decent reason.

The only reason I came down this street was lying on the pavement in front of someone's front gate. I crouched down and picked up the news paper, studying the front cover.

'Real estate Agency Burnt Down In Tragic Fire'

'The real estate agency on Oak Street erupted in flames last night, at around 9:00 pm. Employee's were shocked when a mysterious blaze made its way through the building, engulfing everything in its path. Police say that the cause must have been faulty electrical wires; otherwise they might have an arsonist on their hands. Fortunately, everyone in the building got out safely, few with minor injuries.'

I rolled my eyes and dropped the paper. Faulty wires, could they not think of anything better? Then again, if they published that a girl had magically done it, they'd be the laughing stock of the town.

I was wearing a high-waisted black skirt with a grey top, along with my long black coat. I hadn't slept all night, and at around two in the morning, I'd snuck into Klaus' mansion and took my clothes that I'd left there. I wore the same heels from last night, and they clicked loudy as I walked.

My car was still at Klaus' place, and I intended to get it soon, but first I needed coffee. Or preferably bourbon. The Grill was only a little busy when I entered, and I headed straight up to the bar, where, coincidentally, Ryan was serving.

"You again?" he asked.

"The one and only," I smirked.

"I hope you still don't think I'm serving you alcohol."

I laughed. "I'll take a coffee. Extra milk."

He nodded and walked out of view. I glanced either side before casually reaching over the counter and picking up a bottle of scotch off the bench. Satisfied, I left the Grill.

As I walked out the door, I came face to face with one of the many people I didn't want to talk to.

"What is wrong with you?" Bonnie hissed.

"Good morning to you too, Bonnie," I smiled. "And as for your question, why don't you ask Damon and Elena? Oh wait you were in on it too, weren't you? How lovely."

"How could you do that to innocent people?"

I frowned. "Are we talking about the same thing here?"

That was when she shoved a copy of the newspaper I'd previously read in my face.

"I know you did it," she glared.

"Oh, that." I rolled my eyes.

"You're lucky no one died!"

"It's a shame really. Maybe next time I'll stick around and make sure no one gets out."

"So it's true then, you really have snapped."

"Yes," I answered with a bitter smile. "Thanks to all of you going behind my back."

"You couldn't be trusted."

"I've been hearing that a lot lately," I laughed. "Too bad I don't care. Tell me Bonnie, how do you think Klaus will react when he finds out you and Elena daggered Rebekah? Or her for that matter? Rebekah doesn't exactly like being killed."

"It was necessary."

"Oh, I'm sure. I just look forward to when they get revenge," I grinned. "Or maybe I could do the honors. Killing Elena would be extremely fun."