Chapter 5: Business

Unedited.

Hailey's POV

"Don't forget you promised to come to the party tonight. It starts at eight but you can arrive around ten," Peyton couldn't stop talking. The party's tonight, which means it's Friday and also means that I must go somewhere. I haven't been looking forward to this day for the whole week. "And don't come wearing whatever it is you wear. Wear something that's hot but not too--"

"Revealing. Got it," I interrupt her as we sit in the English class.

"Good,"she says, "So you be--"

"I'll be there," I cut her off again.

"So are you auditioning for R and J Revolution?"

"Nope are you?"

"Nope, not talented enough to sing and dance at the same time," she laughs.

"Sing and dance?"

"Yeah you have to dance as well," she explains.

"That's awesome," I say.

"Yep. I hear that the queen bee, Stephanie, has the lead role. She is such a witch. She has slept with almost every guy in this school and her dad owns this shipping company which makes her rich. I bet the only reason why people worship her is because she has money and she's popular, but other than that, she's a horrible person," she says. "She sounds nice," I say sarcastically.

"Yeah nice enough to make the devil jealous," I laugh at her statement and continue to listen to Mrs Nell teach.

.........

"Who of you ladies are going to the party?" Nate asks.

"Why is everyone talking about the party?" I enquire.

"They say it's gonna be the biggest and best party this year, since Greg, the guy who hosts the best parties, is hosting it," Kaitlyn answers. We are sitting in the cafeteria, since it's lunch and enjoying our delicious slices of pizza. This school serves the best food ever.

"Okay," I nod and take a slice out of my pizza.

"Where's Peyton?" Cathy asks. "She went to go talk with Luke," I reply. Peyton said she wanted to talk to Luke during lunch about the kiss and where their relationship stands, so they went somewhere to talk in private. "Really? Are those two finally dating?" Kaitlyn asks and her eyes sparkle with excitement. "Not that I know of. Did you know they liked each other?" I question. "Please, the sexual tension between those two has been going on for months," Cathy says.

"Hailey can I talk to you?" I hear a stern yet familiar voice. Everyone at the table's staring wide eyed at the mysterious figure behind. I turn around to him and guess what?

It's Tristan Wilder.

"What for?" I raise my eyebrow.

With not a care in the world, he pushes his arms underneath my armpits and swiftly lifts me up from my seat, putting roughly back on the ground so that I'm on my feet. This guy is something. He wraps his hand around my wrist and pulls me out of the cafeteria.

"Tristan, what is so important that you literally had to pick me up, drag into the hallway, and make me leave my pizza?" I ask as I narrow my eyes at him.

"What did you hear yesterday?" He asks angrily.

"What?" I ask confusedly.

"Don't act dumb," he warns. "Yesterday in the parking lot. What did you hear?" He asks and yesterday's memory of him yelling on the phone came flooding in mind. He was really angry.