Chapter 51: Don't let Henry hurt her

Tristan's POV

"Tell us exactly what is going on, here." Jordan wastes no time in asking the straight foward questions.

"I'll explain later. I first have to go home to inform my parents about me and Hailey's whereabouts." I tell them before grabbing my keys. "Stay with Hailey."

They nod in understanding and I hurriedly exit the house. I throw myself into the car and start the engine. I speed out of the driveway, through the forest and down the winding road.

I simply don't understand why Henry's men attacked us. Surely they wanted Hailey, but why now? Did Henry inform Lucas about Hailey's refusal to join him?

This doesn't make any sense.

Luther always gets what he wants, but not in this way. His ways might be cunning and evil but he never really kidnaps someone in front of a crowd.

That's why he sent Conner.

I hate Conner. Nothing can stop the taste of pure hatred that covered my taste buds the minute my eyes landed on him. It's as if I immediatly saw past his friendly facade and noticed how his eyes carried an untrustworthy aura.

Finding out that he is Hailey's brother made my blood boil. My body became stiff, tension raced through my veins-- never slowing down for a second. I'm quite disappointed that Hailey never really discussed her brother with me, but that's just hypocrisy since I never told her about my sister.

Everything's messed up!

My raging thoughts kept me company until I was parking in the driveway. I exit the car and slam the door shut before storming off to the front door. I dig out my keys from my jean pocket and unlock the door.

I run upstairs, not caring about the noise I'm making, and I finally reach Hailey's room. After opening the door, her intoxicating scent of lavender wafting around the room, wraps itself around me. She smells amazing. I rush to her closet and pull out anything I think is necessary for a few days. Few shirts, hoodies, shoes, toiletries and other things; enough for almost a week.

A week is all we need. I hope.

Having finished filling up her duffelbag, I grab it and rush out of the door. Walking down the stairs, my mother's singing voice finds my ears and I follow it to the kitchen. She stands there clad in her purple silk pyjamas, while holding a glass under the tap for water.

"Mom?" I clear my throat to grab her attention.

I must've startled her because the glass accidentally slips through her fingers and breaks as it collides with the metal sink. "Tristan..." she breathes out and clamps a hand over her beating chest. "You scared me."

"Sorry." I apologise. "Can I talk to you for a second?"

She nods.

We sit down on one of the kitchen stools resting beneath the island.

"Why are you holding Hailey's bag?" She enquires once she notices it on the floor I have just put it on. "Everything alright?"

"That's the thing," I begin. "I need you to call the school and ask for a week off for both Hailey and I."

She stares at me with eyes drowned in confusion. "Why? What happened?"

"It's a long story, but I promise I'll explain later." I assure her. "Just please do it?" I beg.

"Okay. I promise, but no longer than a week." Her voice comes out hesitant.

"Thank you." I stand up and press my lips to her cheek for a brief moment. "I'll keep her safe." I whisper to her ear.

"You have no choice." She chuckles.

I pick up the duffelbag and begin to walk towards the front door but her voice stops me.

"Tristan?"

"Yes?" I look back to see worry in her hazel eyes.

"Don't let Henry hurt her." She heaves out a frustrated sigh.

"When did you find out?" I sigh.

"Doesn't matter. Keep her safe."

............

"Tell us everything." Chase cuts to the chase (no pun intended) as we sit down around the dining room table.

I rest my elbows on the flat surface and cover my faces with both my hands, heaving out a frustrated sigh. "Where is she?"

"Asleep. Upstairs." Jordan informs me and gives me a prodding look.

"I found ouf that she was Haze and worked for Henry a few days after she joined our school. " I begin explaining. "Her car broke down and I offered her a ride, but I noticed the familiar directions she gave me. Anger boiled inside of me and next thing I knew, I came face to face with Henry." I continued explaining everything that had occurred since I met Hailey. I told them how I attended her fights and what Luther wants from her, but I left out that Henry is Hailey's biological father.

"That's..." Chase begins.

"Messed up." Jordan completes his sentence.

"What are you going to do?" Chase's question causes my breath to hitch.

"Still trying to figure that out." I admit. "But we can't go home now. It's not safe."

They nod their heads in understanding.

"We have to go, bro." Jordan says. "But we'll come tomorrow to discuss the plan."

I nod and watch them both as they leave and few seconds later, the sound of their cars faded from my ears.

................

A/N: Did you guys like Tristan's POV? I know that it's too short.

how do you think Lizzy knows about Henry?

Comment and tell me.

We've actually come a long way. This journey has been amazing and I want to thank you guys for your support.

This book is almost ending ( like 4-6 chapters away ) and there will be no sequel. Im not a fan off sequels so writing one would bore me.

Hope you guys enjoyed this book!

Vote. Comment. Share.

And follow me on wattpad.

Love ya!