Rise Of Pandora: XVI. Kill The Beast

"Everything can kill you, but only one thing will."

-Baccus

II. Brotherhood

"Kill the beast," Alastor shouted! They blasted off more of their powerful energy which torpedoed into the water and burst upon the beast's enormous dome. 

It rumbled and roared furiously. Alastor lost his balance and fell out of the boat. Trying to claw and grab a hold on the beast's tough scales. The heat from its body was excruciating but he forced himself to endure it.

The sea serpent swirled its head upwards until Its large snout was pointing at the downhearted morning sky. The boat fell over along with everyone in it. They each desperately held onto the beast. Hot steam erupted up out from its scaly body and nostrils.

Beginning to feel the beast's unimaginable temperature, the Rare Men were forced to let go but the serpent was so large that they would likely land somewhere on its body. There was so much space on just its head alone that they could run on it hundreds of feet in all directions.

Pontus looked around. Confused, he grabbed whatever he could latch his slippery fingers onto. He managed to grab a hold of what he imagined to be just more scales. Its hard scales felt harder than iron.

Trying to gain awareness of where he was, he looked down, peering past the dispersing steam. His heart thumped rampantly as he his chest recognized the several hundred of feet which distanced him and the sea and what had distanced them was a long stretching body covered in hard black scales. He squinted and promptly turned his head back around when he heard the shouts of his brothers.

He turned around and saw Chaos and Mors both holding onto to the beast. Nauseated, he could hardly stomach the hoarse air. He felt like his body was consumed by the hottest flames conceivable. His fingertips were now reddened to a point where even a Rare Man could no longer endure it. The beast roared and thrashed around; it was like a manifestation of the rageful sea itself.

Gritting his teeth, Pontus returned his gaze to Chaos and Mors. They were still yelling in his direction, calling out for him. Stumbling towards them while holding on to the beast's scales, his entire body started to glow a brighter purple. He blew some hot water out past his mouth before hesitantly taking a deep breath of humid air. But the thrashing of the beast forced his grip loose and he fell down below.

As he was falling down, he achieved a greater visage of the beast. Guaging how enormous the beast was, he feared what else of the beast's massive body was hidden just below the surface. Continuing his alarming descent, saw its enormous eye. He could understand what he was staring into. The beast possessed no irises with its eyes, there was just this black oval speck, a reptilious eye, which was surrounded by an ocean of white tinged with red creeping at the corners. The beast watched the disturbed Pontus plunging further down to the surface of the burning ocean.

The glow around his body grew increasingly in strength and brilliance until nearly all of Pontus's physical features were outshone and enveloped by the light. Then suddenly, he halted in the air, his body rotating and adjusting upright. He was levitating. He was now standing upright as if there were earth beneath his feet. He flew to where Mors and Chaos were. Intent to save them, he soared up faster. He grunted in frustration with the pressure mounting.

The same glow that consumed him was now prevalent upon the bodies of the two other Rare Men. Now as did Pontus levitate, so did they. Pontus spotted something small hanging on the back of the animals head. Hearing a voice echoing from the source, he flew there, taking Mors and Chaos with him. 

The serpent was shaking with more vigor than it had before. It emitted wild shouts from its hot, coarse jaw which was lined with large rows of piercing sharp teeth which crowded its mouth like trees in a forest. Each mighty too was jagged and irregular. Flying across its massive mouth, he found Erebus and lifted him with his power.