Chapter 4: Ell's crush

Ding! Dong!

I heard the lunch bell ringing. I was glad that it was lunch time at school. I grabbed my economics books and got out of the classroom, making my way to go to my locker. It has been a month since I  moved here and everything is going well, except Tyran's bugging.

That guy has become a serious bully to me and even when I want to hit his head hard, he uses his fans against me. Like honestly? I don't think I have ever met a guy like that.

I went to my locker,to put my books in it,so i could go and eat my lunch in the Cafeteria. As I was locking my locker , I felt two hands tickling on my sides as I gasped and turned around and saw, Ell.

"Ell!" I rolled my eyes at her and gave her a hug.

Ell laughed as she hugged me. "Come on now, Ari," she said, tugging my arm towards the cafeteria. We are having lunch!" she said excitedly and dragged me to the cafeteria.

We reached to the cafeteria and grabbed our food and sat on a table. Our lunch for today was fried rice with chicken and garden salad. My eyes dotted towards the tomatoes in the salad. Goodness! I hated tomatoes! But, whatever, guess, I have to eat it.

We began to eat our lunch as Ell said, "Guess what?"

"What?" I asked her.

"I got a part - time job!" she said excitedly.

"Wow! Cool! What is the job about?" I asked her.

"Well, I am actually working in a fashion shop, working as a makeup artist's assistance," she smiled.

"Wow! That's great!" I smiled at her. Unlike me, Ell has always been crazy about makeup and I am so happy for her that she got a job as a makeup artist's assistance.

"Oh, there is more to it," she laughed. "Actually, when I was in my job interview, I saw a cute boy," she giggled.

I was curious. "Aw! So, what is his name?"

"James!" she said. "Apparently, he is working in the same store as mine, but he is doing a customer service job. And honestly, I think I am in love with him!"

"Ell! Come on! You are not going to fall in love with somebody just by having one look at him!"

"But, it is love at first sight!" she beamed.

I sighed. I hated this side of her. it gets really hard to handle her if she sees a cute guy because then she has nothing else to talk about except the guy she found cute.

"I am telling you, Ari. That boy is cute and have blond hair and olive skin . . . just . . ." I saw her stuttering and noticed that she was looking at somewhere behind me.

I turned around and saw a guy with blond hair and olive skin was texting in his phone.

"That's him!" she said excitedly. "Ari, that's him! Can you believe it, Ari? My crush is actually goes to this school and I had now idea  . . . OH MY GOODNESS! I think my heart is racing . . ." she smiled as she put my hand on her chest. "You can feel it, right ARI?! My heart is beating fast . . ." she said as I looked at her like she is crazy. "Right?"

"Yes," I sighed. "Your heart is beating fast alright."

"That means . . ." she smiled. "I AM IN LOVE!" she literally yelled out loud, causing everybody to stair at us.

I stared at her as she blushed.

"I am sorry," she was embarrassed.

Everybody went back to whatever they were doing.

"Agh! Why did I did such embarrassing . . ." she was going to bang her head on the table but I smacked her head lightly.

"Will you stop it, lover girl?" I said. "Look, if you are that interested in him then invite him to join us for lunch. I am sure he will say , 'yes?'"

"You think so?" she asked.

I smiled and nodded.

"Okay," she breathed. "Here goes nothing," she said softly as she looked at that guy and yelled out, "JAMES!"

James looked at Ell.

Before the conversation could go far, Ell flushed and looked at me. "Ari! James looked at me! Aw! So cute!"

"Ell!" I half yelled, signalling her to ask him for lunch.

"Oh right," she whispered and then looked at James. "JAMES! I WAS WONDERING IF YOU WANT TO HAVE LUNCH WITH US!"

James eyes lit up as he saw Ell. "Sure!" he said as he brought his tray and went near to our table an sat on the table. "You are Ell, right? Didn't know that you go to the same school," he smiled.

Ell flushed again. "Me too," she laughed awkwardly.

I found my self chuckling. It is the first time I am actually seeing Ell acting like this around a guy. I smiled as I looked at how Ell was trying to make some conversation with James when I felt somebody blew on my neck.

"AH! I gasped in horror and turned around and saw Tyran. THAT IDIOT! "What the heck do you think you are doing?!" I yelled at Tyran.

"Well, you are kind of borrowing my closest friend, so I am going to join you guys in the lunch as well," he smirked. "Weather you like it or not, old lady."

I stared at him in shock. WAIT! That means that Tyran and James are friends so since Ell will be hanging out with James in lunch, I will be stuck with this idiot brat! Oh goodness! I sighed slapping the back of my hand on my forehead.